shape
carat
color
clarity

What type is Zales setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esqknight

Rough_Rock

I like the four-prong solitaire platinum setting from Zales I saw advertised in the newspaper and it appears to be the same ring listed on the website. I would never buy from Zales, but I was hoping someone with more knowledge than I could tell me the type of setting shown and/or point me to something similar.

Thank you.

Eric

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Check out this link.

esqknight

Rough_Rock
Thank yoiu for the link. While some of the settings at WhiteFlash are somewhat similar, they don't seem to be the same type as the one being sold by Zales. The prongs on the Zales setting seem to cross under the stone. I just thought it was an interesting look and wanted to see if it could be had on a non-Zales setting. I suspect Zales won't sell their setting without a stone.

Later,

Eric

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
similar to this?

gi_DV-812W_f.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i was posting at the same time as you sevens.. yeah thats what he''s looking for. This is the zales ring
15173123_x80_2.jpg

Sorry its so small, their site is weird and won''t give it to me big.

esqknight

Rough_Rock
Thank you Melissa. After searching this site for "x-prong" it does seem to be the type of setting I was admiring. Are there a large number of vendors that sell this? I saw a very nice one from Vatche. Anyone with an idea what a regular (without side-stones) vatche x-prong goes for?

I''ve learned a fair amount about stones reading this site, so now it is time to tackle settings.

Best,
Eric

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
The vatche setting "xprong" is on the link I gave you from Whitflash.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results