shape
carat
color
clarity

what to do with a pear and trillions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
hi! neophyte alert: i'm new here!
35.gif

so forgive me in advance for any gaffes! lol

from my ex-hubby i have an E ring that i would like to reset as a RHR.
it's been sitting for years not being worn and now i wanna see & enjoy that sparkle!
more info: 1.5ctw pear, E VS1
total cw. of ring 3.01
pls. see pic below.
i don't want to spend a mint re-setting this but i want something unique, different and WOW!
i like both trad and contemporary
any ideas? thank you!
~gwyneth
26.gif

pearpic.jpeg

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!

I personally would do a pear set with a halo (like FireGoddess or DiamondLil) and turn the trillions into earrings. I don''t know of any way that you restyle the ring and incorporate all of the diamonds together.
I felt the same way about looking everyday at my ex-husband''s set. When I got engaged we used all the old diamonds on a trade in! They just cannot sit on a shelf!

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 3:47:51 PM
Author: soulsis
Welcome!

I personally would do a pear set with a halo (like FireGoddess or DiamondLil) and turn the trillions into earrings. I don''t know of any way that you restyle the ring and incorporate all of the diamonds together.

I felt the same way about looking everyday at my ex-husband''s set. When I got engaged we used all the old diamonds on a trade in! They just cannot sit on a shelf!

what a good idea! i do LOVE the halo thought! my aunt LynnB (she posts at PS, too...and introduced me to this insidiously addictive site!...) anyway, this summer she showed me my first halo and i gotta admit i drooled!

but it would be cool if i could incorporate the trillions in the new design somehow..at the base of a split shank?

and yeah, about the exhubby''s diamonds, they''ve been "gathering dust" and i miss wearing diamonds...just cause i''m single now doesn''t mean i can''t sparkle, right???
thanks so much for the post!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 4:28:16 PM
Author: gwyneth

... my aunt LynnB (she posts at PS, too...and introduced me to this insidiously addictive site!...) ...
Hey, sweetie... good to "see ya"!
1.gif

Well, I''m sure you will get lots of great ideas... there are so many creative and helpful folks here, plus a LOT of pear lovers!

And I can tell you all that I have seen those diamonds in person many times - and they are GOREGOUS!
30.gif
Definitely drool-worthy... and need to be being WORN!

(Auntie) Lynn
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
The diamonds are gorgeous! I second the halo setting, I think it would be divine. I can picture the way it would look in my head with a split shank and the trillions at the bottom and it is interesting, but with the halo it might be too busy, especially because of the size of the trillions they might not fit, or your split shank would have to split too much. Maybe you could trade the trillions in toward the cost of the halo setting depending on if you are going to do a pave on the band. I like the idea of making them into earring too though.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....I feel like I've seen some Beaudry or JB Star halo settings w/ side trillions--am I crazy? What a yummy blingy RHR halo 3-stone THAT'd be!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 6:08:55 PM
Author: blueroses
Hmmm....I feel like I''ve seen some Beaudry or JB Star halo settings w/ side trillions--am I crazy? What a yummy blingy RHR halo 3-stone THAT''d be!!!

you are such a bad influence
11.gif
but I LOVE your idea, that would be amazing
36.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
When I first started looking at rings I was obsessed with JB Star, and I think you are right. That would be an awe inspiring ring!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I couldn''t find the exact picture, but it could be something like this with the pear and trillions instead...

RTD-1349-050-1.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What about setting the pear as a pendent and the side stones as earrings?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trillions are rather large... but there is no reason not to use them for the new ring, I would think. A split shank and holding the pear above them a bit shoul help.

It did for the ring below:

tmb_big_0657-015.jpg.jpg

A profile like this below could layer the stone conveniently:

1AS2318AASP_front.jpg

The first ring is from Whiteflash, the other from Ritani. Both houses make custom rings although Ritani may not work with pre-owned diamonds. Other names that come to mind on the forum are ''Platinumsmith'' (at www.platinumsmith.com.au) and Quest.

2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In short... perhaps something like this: having a halo around the pear and just millgrain bezels around the trillions will certainly help equilibrate their relative size. Unless you like band rings
1.gif

inshort.JPG

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ana, you''re a master at photoshopping, as usual!
1.gif
That''s a very good idea, the ring looks totally awesome!
Gwyneth, should you want to modify more the profile of the ring, I think a pear solitaire in a halo style setting and trillion earrings would be great.
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!!!! I love Ana photoshopping. How about as above but incorporating-colored diamond melee (either yellow or pink).
30.gif

I always think engagement ring when I see all white diamonds, but that''s just me. Adding a little color, I think more RHR.

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 10:46:12 PM
Author: dazedland
I couldn''t find the exact picture, but it could be something like this with the pear and trillions instead...

OhmyWORD! i need respiration here...STAT! oxygen....now!
that is just swooonworthy gorgeous..yeah, it''s got that extra bling and flash...is that so wrong?
love the idea!
thanks!
[looking frantically for a delicate way to remove the drool]

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 5:25:08 PM
Author: Lynn B
Date: 9/1/2005 4:28:16 PM

Author: gwyneth

... my aunt LynnB (she posts at PS, too...and introduced me to this insidiously addictive site!...) ...

Hey, sweetie... good to ''see ya''!
1.gif

Well, I''m sure you will get lots of great ideas... there are so many creative and helpful folks here, plus a LOT of pear lovers!

And I can tell you all that I have seen those diamonds in person many times - and they are GOREGOUS!
30.gif
Definitely drool-worthy... and need to be being WORN!

(Auntie) Lynn
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

thanks lynnie!
yes, so far i am BLOWN away at the awesome suggestions! each one so unique and delicous...how can a grrrl decide? can i have them all? oops! nope...only 1 pear
hee hee!
~g

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 5:35:31 PM
Author: dazedland
The diamonds are gorgeous! I second the halo setting, I think it would be divine. I can picture the way it would look in my head with a split shank and the trillions at the bottom and it is interesting, but with the halo it might be too busy, especially because of the size of the trillions they might not fit, or your split shank would have to split too much. Maybe you could trade the trillions in toward the cost of the halo setting depending on if you are going to do a pave on the band. I like the idea of making them into earring too though.

thank you so much! great idea... def worth thinking about to "trade the trillions in toward the cost of the halo setting" to help defray cost....that would be the sensable way to go!
17.gif
but of course i''m not (sadly) that sensible!
11.gif

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 6:08:55 PM
Author: blueroses
Hmmm....I feel like I''ve seen some Beaudry or JB Star halo settings w/ side trillions--am I crazy? What a yummy blingy RHR halo 3-stone THAT''d be!!!

thanks for your post...i''m with you! the time for being restrained is not with a RHR!
30.gif

i think you can def be classy and be bling-tastic at the same time! i like your style!!!
~g

gwyneth

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/2/2005 4:59:33 AM
Author: valeria101
In short... perhaps something like this: having a halo around the pear and just millgrain bezels around the trillions will certainly help equilibrate their relative size. Unless you like band rings
1.gif
WOW! Ana, you are so TALENTED!!! you are photoshoptastic! this is beautiful!!!!
36.gif

thank you so much, it''s both elegant and stunning!!!!
30.gif
i''m in stupified amazement as to how gorgeous that looks! is it too much (can it be?) i wonder though, how much something like that would cost to get set? i have no idea...but it def would be worth saving up for to it just right!!!
thanks again! you are AMAZING!! see? i never woulda thought of this on my own! thank you generous and creative PS members!!!
35.gif

anashoptasticpear.JPG

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi;
I think maybe you also could use the pear for a pendant and then use the trillions in a ring. Myabe have them together or with some smaller stones in the middle or something like that.
Just an idea
They are all such gorgous stones I dont blame you for wanting to "recycle" them so to speak.
Good luck, I am sure whatever you do will look great.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results