shape
carat
color
clarity

what kind of wedding band...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
I''m searching for a wedding band to complement my e-ring. You can see photos of my ring here.

What do you think of a 3-stone ring as a wedding band?

Or should the band just be a simple thin band?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi kimikocat,
What are you leaning towards? I actually thought the HoF 5 stone looked pretty next to your ring in your other post, but it's hard to see the detail on it in that photo. Have you been able to try on any of the Single Stone bands during your trips to Lang's? I loooove the ones that have alternating shapes and think that those vintage cuts might look great next to your OEC.

ETA - I dunno about a 3 stone ring as a band. It wouldn't be my first choice. A super thin band might get lost.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 12:35:22 AM
Author: pixley
Hi kimikocat,

What are you leaning towards? I actually thought the HoF 5 stone looked pretty next to your ring in your other post, but it''s hard to see the detail on it in that photo. Have you been able to try on any of the Single Stone bands during your trips to Lang''s? I loooove the ones that have alternating shapes and think that those vintage cuts might look great next to your OEC.

ETA - I dunno about a 3 stone ring as a band. It wouldn''t be my first choice. A super thin band might get lost.

Hello Pixley--

Love your avatar photo! That is such a great photo--totally evocative. Makes me smile every time I see it.

The HoF ring is pretty self-explanatory. It''s 5 diamonds, shared prong setting. WF has a similar one (look here). I think the one I tried has a 0.50 ctw, so about 0.10 per stone? Funny, the bands look more fabulous if there''s more total carat weight. I tried on a 1.00 ctw band and it was even nicer. Wonder what the 1.25 ctw looks like?

I''ve tried the ring with this Bev K band, in a variety of colors (it comes in all diamonds, as well as diamond/ruby, diamond/blue sapphire, diamond/pink sapphire). It''s thinner than the 5 stone ring and does have less of a presence than the other.

Silly me, I started thinking, well, my finger size is pretty small (it/s b/t a 3.5/3.75, depending on the conditions), maybe I could get a nice sized row of 3 stones to cover up the top part of that finger.

I''m going to try on some options, with my trusty Canon in tow. :D

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
kimiko, I think you need to do a photo shoot for us with some options on the hand.
41.gif
I am having a hard time visualizing the 3 stone wedding band, but you are blessed with an itty bitty ring size (lucky girl!) so it may be great coverage. I''m having trouble wrapping my head around the graduated stones in that Charles Green ring sitting next to your e-ring, which is somewhat wider in the centre, right? Pleeeease charge up that Canon and take that pretty ring out on the town for a photo shoot.

p.s. thank you for the compliment on my avatar (which I just changed). My daughter was about to dive into a hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli Square when that picture was taken - hence the jubilant expression.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pixley,

I''ll do my best to get out this weekend and stage some photo shoots. Watch for new photos in the next 2 weeks or so. :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results