shape
carat
color
clarity

What I dislike about some jewlers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I was just looking inside the platinum ring that I'm wearing on my middle finger right now... and I'm feeling upset.

When I took this ring in to the jewler to find out the size my mom wears.. (her ring finger is the same as my middle finger.) they stuck it on the metal wand like thing to measure the size... but they slid it so hard back and forth that it made like 20 tiny little scatch marks on the inside shank..

I hate it when people don't take care of something just because it's not theirs. Sorry, needed to vent.
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Take it back in and express your concern and ask them if they would give the inside a little polishing to buff out those little scratches
9.gif

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Hi, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Yeah, I agree with the other poster. You should probably take it back and have them buff out the scratches. I think it's hard to ask for things, but one won't know until one asks. I had a problem with two vendors previously with a diamond purchase and setting. There was a good amount of feedback that led me to believe that pursuing some things are not lost causes. Many years ago, I took my swatch watch in to one of those watch kiosks at the mall for a battery replacement. When the guy was struggling to pop the back to remove the old battery, he actually cracked the inside watch crystal. We both heard the crack and he actually broke my watch, and he still charged me for the battery. I didn't say anything because I am a person who does not like comfrontation and I try to be polite at all times. However, looking back, I wish I had said something. I think now I am trying to become braver in dealing with people who have no regard for other people's items. There is an angry way to do things, but you can also let them know in a classy way that you did not appreciate your ring being scratched up while doing a basic ring size measurement. Also show them the scratches...maybe someone there can see your point and place himself/herself in your shoes, and maybe he/she will do everything in his/her power to buff out the scratches. Good Luck. I hope everything will work out for you at the end.
wink2.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Josh is right that they would have polished it for you had you made mention of it. Most of the time rings that have already been worn have many scratches on the outside already where the scratches can readily be seen. What's on the inside is hardly anything that anyone would see when the ring is worn.

Pushing the ring down on the mandrel, the ring size stick, makes it round and gives the jeweler the correct finger size reading. It really should not create much damage, but I would think anyone that scratched a ring would be willing to polish it. No big deal.

If you are loooking for someone to refinish a ring that has been worn for free, you ought to see the original seller. Sometimes they will polish the entire ring for an old customer in hopes of keeping your good will and business. Someone measuring a ring for finger size who did not sell the ring in the first place, will likely want to be paid for a re-polishing of the outer portion of the ring.

You can always find trouble if you look hard enough. If you are a nice, pleasant customer, you'll find many retailers will bend over backwards to make you happy and comfortable. In the time you took to make the posting on Pricescope about the scratches, they could have been polished off by any half trained shop person. I'm sure they did not mean to create a problem for you and it could easily be resolved.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I'm just going to take it back and ask them to please polish it for me. It's just that the scratches were new to me so kinda makes me upset. Cuz I always really take care of my jewlery. Like even my rings I've had them for a long time and there's not a lot of scratches on them.

But okay, no big deal.. I'll just have it repolished.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent..
21.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
8.gif
Sorry that they scratched "the" ring. Definitely take it back and ask that they do a careful polishing job. I know what you mean about taking care of jewellry.

This kind of ties in with Jaded Gem's post but when I had my watch battery replaced, the back was pressed on, (using some sort of watch press thingy), and they dented the metal. Everytime I looked at it, there was a circular dent around the entire face. It wasn't an even pressure, so there was a half dent. I commented on it and got an apology, but I still paid for the battery. I returned when there was a more helpful customer service rep, and he gave me the number of the head office. Eventually, after a month, the face component was replaced without charge. The customer service rep who sent it in didn't believe me that I had the watch for over two years, and told me that she didn't believe me rather rudely. She said it was in too good a condition to be worn daily and was very adamant that I was lying. But I got it replaced, and she was spoken to.

They'll take care of it if you tell them, I'm sure.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results