shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you want for 20th Anniversary gift??

What would you want for your 20th Anniversary gift?

• Diamond Bracelet (tennis, bar, link etc)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Diamond Stud Earrings (either new or upgrades)

• Diamond Earrings (other than stud, drop, chandelier etc)

• Colored Stone Earrings (e.g. emerald, aquamarine, peridot etc)

• Diamond Pendant Necklace (bezel, solitaire, etc)

• Diamond Necklace (other than simple pendant)

• Colored Stone Necklace (any style, e.g. garnet, ruby, emerald)

• Three-Stone Ring (diamonds or other stones, any shape)

• Upgraded Engagement Ring (either upgrade stone or upgrade setting)

• Upgraded Wedding Ring (e.g. solid band to band with diamonds or similar)

• Entirely New Ring (e.g. right hand ring, new style ring)

• Diamond Nose Ring (wow!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone requested this recently....what would you ladies want if your hubby was thinking about getting you your 20th anniversary gift? This is a jewelry minded post...so try to pretend you''d want jewelry.
1.gif
Have fun!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That would be 'entirely new ring' (of any style)

1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They'd have to settle for the nose ring
1.gif
Belly would be 40th anniversary (ooh scary!)

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I offered to get my wife a custom-made diamond-and-sapphire belly stud if she got her navel pierced. She didn't bite.
2.gif
12.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose the diamond stud earrings, although I wouldn't want anything bigger than 1 ctw. (1/2 carat each ear).
I was going to put a three stone Leon Mege, but I want that for a closer anniversary date.
So, my wishlist/ anniversary list is as follows:
For my 10th- the 2 carat solitaire and the diamond anniversary band (which I have already received).
For my 11th or 12th- a bezel set diamond bracelet.
For my 13th- a new car, probably SUV.
For my 14th or 15th- a three stone, with a large 3+ carat Ceylon blue or Burmese sapphire with 1 ctw.(50 points each), ACA diamonds in a custom Leon Mege.
For my 17th- which is my lucky number- I am not really sure. Maybe an upgrade to a 3 carat, don't know yet.
So, for my 20th, since I will have everything else on my wishlist, the diamond earrings.
Now, all I have to do is convince my husband and that will set the ball rolling. Hopefully, he won't ask for a divorce.
2.gif

he will probably look at me and say," You have got to be f***ing kidding me, right?!#@!"
Actually, even if I don't get anything from him, I will be happy. Just being married and lasting through another year with a wonderful man is a GIFT in itself!!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
But Ben, your perhaps to be may be wearing a 6 c fancy intense pink diamond in her navel.

Does HW take returns?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW Kayla you are WAY more aggressive than me...I'm so pleased.

I'm just starting out and I really haven't answered the poll yet myself because I don't know come 20 years from now what I will and won't have. But if I had a wishlist, it would probably go like this:

1st christmas together: 1ctw diamond stud earrings (already have)

3rd year together: 1.25c engagement ring (already have)

marriage day: 1c eternity wedding band (next may!)

1 year anni: 1c diamond solitaire pendant (but depends on new house purchase and resulting leftover funds, hee hee)

some random anni, birthday or christmas between year 1 and year 5: diamond line bracelet in WG or Plat (1-2ctw)

5 year anni: upgrade to engagement ring to at least 2c, keeping of course, the original ring and stone
1.gif

sometime between 5 years and 10 year anni...when we have our first kid: upgrade diamond studs to 2ctw

10 year anni: not sure...maybe upgrade the diamond solitaire pendant, keeping of course, the original OR possibly an entire new 3 stone ring or similar for fun..maybe something with a sapphire (I love blue), OR an original antique cut stone and setting.

15 year: ?!?!? maybe do something I didn't in year 10?

20 year: ?!?!? another upgrade of the 2c stone...probably would not keep this one...my ultimate would be a 3ct stone! *drool*

I wouldn't want diamond studs larger than 2ctw (I love 1ct each look), and I don't want a monster pendant, and I don't like wearing multiple bracelets or anything...so probably would only stick with one (and I don't like the huge 7ctw bracelets etc). So I think for the most part around year 15, 20, etc I'd upgrade my ring and/or get a new one later...and/or around this time hopefully start to travel more on our own, etc for future anniversaries once my diamond fetishes are mostly satisfied.

Who really knows..but my lovely fiance knows he is marrying a serious diamond NUT and he is still willing to go through with it (so far)....and he loves jewelry as much as I do (I really just like diamonds...don't wear much other jewelry) so he likes to buy it. Depending on other priorities (like house, cars, kids) as they crop up....the list above may change, who knows. But we are already talking about my 5 year ring upgrade...so as long as I can get that one...I'll be happy!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMP....c'mon ladies!
1.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
When I married my husband, this was my jewelry wish list. The list was very short and very specific. He knew I was high maintainance before we married . 3 ct,. round diamond engagement ring. . For the "big" birthday I wanted (and subsequently rec'd) diamond earrings 2.5 ct tw. The only other 2 things were full diamond wedding band (stones all around) - got for the 10th anniv., and a gold Cartier panther watch. I must say the watch was actually something I have always wanted and is just as impt. as the diamonds. I never wanted anything else and these days I am happy with just flowers on birthdays and anniversaries.

I need to add that I did not get all of these things in rapid succession.

It took about 13 years. I told my husband from the start...please don't get me small jewelery gifts or other gifts for that matter. I wanted to save my gifts, even if it was a few years, for the biggies. If something is important, it is worth saving up to do so. The watch took a long time to get and my husband surprised me when my daughter was born.

Everyone has different tastes and different budgets but my advice is to save your gifts for the ones you really want.

So in closing, for my 20th anniversay - which is in 6 years, I want to go somewhere special with my husband and daughter. They are my true gifts.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Too funny Kayla and Mara -- what a list. Of course, if you had asked me what I wanted for my 20th Anniversary in my first few years of marriage, my answer would probably be totally different than it is today (I've been married for 17 years). I once did a project in school about where I saw myself in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and 20 years. Years later, I came across my old project and had a huge laugh at my vision at the time. Everything I had planned for myself happened sooner than scheduled, and my life, I must say, turned out different than what I had "planned" -- in a good way
9.gif

On our 20th, I'd probably like upgraded diamond stud earrings or a Rolex with diamonds (if I don't already have each by then). Funny thing is, I tend to end up with my baubles sooner than I original intend (lucky for me my hubby is easygoing). Right now, I'm looking for my 40th birthday gift: New setting for my ering and coordinating wedding ring. But if I can't make up my mind about what I want, the Rolex will do nicely
naughty.gif

Diamondlil

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
O.K., here's my "wish list."

15th - 1.5 ct. (working on that now)

19th - 1.9 ct

20th - a cabin in New Hampshire where I can sit in a rocking chair with my 1.9 on my left and DH on my right. :)

Kris

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yep, High Maintenance here as well. I have nearly everything on the list - except diamond earrings. Why? My ears are not pierced. Hubby knows the only reason I would get my ears pierced is to accomodate diamond studs. Part of him doesn't even want to go there. Part of him wants it over & done with as he knows the "Anniversary" ring grew expontenially as the years went on.

The only thing I see myself getting in the future would be a tasteful 3 stone ring for my right hand. Sapphire (my birthstone) center flanked by two diamonds.

Oh, BTW, my diamond bracelet was a gift to me from me. I have a little account. I put two dollars a day in it. I put any "windfall" money in it. If I sell a piece from my personal collection the $ goes in there. All loose change around the house is fair game. You would be shocked how much you can accumulate. Try it girls - you don't miss the money. Also, any money I save (like if I use a coupon)the same amount goes into the account. It's rather a fun game & a great way to check spending.

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Mara, this poll is the best one yet, I think.

I voted three stone ring, but actually, now I am rethinking.

Stephcola, I have the SAME pohilosophy as you! I want VERY few pieces and I want them to be BIG!

My wish list is VERY small and I don't have a time period for this, but at some point ...

1. maybe an upgrade of my E-ring (Ok don't kill me), from a 4.21 carat to a 6+ (this won't happen, and it's just a rediculous dream LOL!). Another alternative is to change shapes and get roughly the same carat size, maybe slightly bigger at 5 cts, trading in my original e-ring. I would go with radiant or round. But I have to say, I love my e-ring, and it would be HARD to part with it, even for a slighlty bigger ring!

2. Upgrade my five stone wedding band (each 30 points), to a full eternity band, at most, .50 each. This might be too large, now that I think about it. This could be for my 20 year anniversary.

3. Upgrade .50 diamond studs to 1 - 1 1/2 ct each.

4. Right hand dimaond ring, either three stone, or design with smalller diamonds.

That's it, I like big pieces!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah Steph & Fancy pretty much summed it up...I don't wear alot of jewelry but I know what I want and I want it to be bigger....a good pair of diamond ear studs (already have these but want bigger later), a lovely pendant, a really simple line bracelet (already have one but want a bigger/better one later), and a huge diamond ring (the e-ring is only the beginning!). I don't wear alot of bracelets or any other earrings besides simple silver hoops. I don't wear other rings, though later in life I may want another ring as I noted. So yes...I don't want ALOT of items, but I like the thought of starting out smaller with some things and then upgrading/building on them later as our years pass--plus I see it as a fun way to recall the past (e.g. remember when you got me this?!) and then act on the present.
1.gif
Lucky for me the fiance loves buying jewelry. Whew!
rodent.gif
Actually one other thing I'd really love is a Cartier Tank Francais watch with diamonds....but who knows where that would go on the list. I don't wear a watch but I would wear one of those!
9.gif

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Mara-
Never mind the previous question - I read your description on the other bits of this website. You're doing a "Bill Gates". Aloha.
Goldenringlets

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This is a good one!

I voted for the upgraded engagement ring, since that is what I always had in mind, but patience isn't a strong suit at our house, and I got that for our 17th, this summer. Now I'm thinking diamond studs, since that is what I wear everyday. (currently cubics). I have some really nice pieces that hubby has given me over the years, but I keep it pretty simple these days, and don't end up wearing them as much as I used to.

On that note...I tried on a pair of Hearts of Fire studs the other day that were GEORGEOUS!!! Unfortunately, 1.5 tcw were $10k, so I'll probably do loose stones form the internet instead, if and when we go down that path. (3 years is a long itme to wait once you start thinking about it!
8.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lop that is ridiculous for HOF studs....$10k yikes!! they are pretty though.

you will definitely be able to build your own with .75c each super ideals H&A if you so wish for probably half of that. sheesh..what a ripoff!
1.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Fancy,

I think you win for the largest e-ring. Amazing!!! You will love bigger earrings. I have an everyday pair 1.50 tw and these will be my daughters when she turns 14or 15. I have 2.50 tw and I love these. I don't wear them all the time for fear of looking too flashy. I am currently a car pool mom. Instead of the .50 eternity band, why not add stones to your current ring and have them all around. That is what I have and people are always amazed when I move my hand that there are diamonds on the back as well. I have a feeling with your huge e-ring most people don't notice anything else!! I hope you get all you wish for. Regards

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
yeah Mara -- I thought the same about the HOF studs and what I could do with H&A ideals online. You should have seen them sparkle tho
9.gif

F&I: That is a great idea for your own account. Hubby and I just decided to create a "bucket of money" each, that we can spend any way we want with no critique from the other. He buys golf clubs et all, and I'll buy either diamonds or who knows.... Now that I'm "cut educated", I'm afraid to see what quality the stones in my current jewelery are. I might have to go on an upgrade spree.
21.gif
Dear me.........

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2003 8:58:47 PM stephcola wrote:

Fancy,

I think you win for the largest e-ring. Amazing!!! You will love bigger earrings. I have an everyday pair 1.50 tw and these will be my daughters when she turns 14or 15. I have 2.50 tw and I love these. I don't wear them all the time for fear of looking too flashy. I am currently a car pool mom. Instead of the .50 eternity band, why not add stones to your current ring and have them all around. That is what I have and people are always amazed when I move my hand that there are diamonds on the back as well. ----------------

Actually, there have been some really HUGE rocks on PS ... I think the biggest I have seen was the 7 carat emerald. Now that costs as much as a HOUSE!

I *could* add stones to my current wedding band, but I did not get great quality stones, since we're all tapped out right now and we're moving to another house and need to save. I would rather replace the stones later to HOF, but all the way around, and even if they are still 30 points, I think it would be stunning!

I also like the idea of playing with the e-ring setting .. I would probably do this for sure and keep my stone.

The bigger earings are probably the most expensive item, so I am not sure when I would do this, if ever. I also like the idea of getting a diamond design earing, like a chandelier, for a total of $2k max, rather than spending 7-8K on studs.

It's fun to dream isn't it????
appl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2003 9:27:31 PM lop wrote:

F&I: That is a great idea for your own account. Hubby and I just decided to create a 'bucket of money' each, that we can spend any way we want with no critique from the other. He buys golf clubs et all, and I'll buy either diamonds or who knows.....----------------

Nearly all my friends have these "accounts". Just a hint it's nice to get an addition to the "stash" for Birthdays, etc. when there really isn't something you want. It prevents the "I have to get you something - here's this dopey sweater".

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, unlike all you fanatical chicks out there with LISTS!!! lol, i have NO idea what I'd want. Do I have to decide now?

I've been married since '98, so not long enough to know what I'd want in 2018!!! hahaha. . .

Honestly, I'm hoping to have my first upgrade by the coming spring (which my husband has agreed to) and another upgrade in 10 years following (which spurred a reaction similar to what Kayla17 says her husband would respond with
2.gif
). I'd like bigger stud earrings (1 ctw) w/in a few years. . .and this is about all I've planned out.

FWIW, Mara - getting stud earrings after you child is born is a SUPER cool gift. This is what my husband did (combo 30th b-day and second baby) and so they have special symbolism that'll last a lifetime.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I was torn between a colored stone ring and a necklace--Victorian or Edwardian blue moonstones, please, in a festoon style. Or those deep red Victorian garnets.

Something Victorian, anyway. Real Victorian, not a reproduction.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

20th anniversary?? Why, 20 carats of course
2.gif

cheers

Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Can we include an upgraded set of....boobs and a tummy tuck
9.gif
and hell, while I'm at it, face lift and butt lipo lol

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Other/RHR. 4-5 ct SI1, Fancy Intense yellow Marquise flanked by 1 ct each F, SI1 trills. Platinum. ohhhhh, some of you RB devotees say--marquise??? I saw this ring in person once. DELICIOUS. Trust me.
lickout.gif
lickout.gif
lickout.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results