shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this RB diamond for my double halo?

dar7

Rough_Rock
This stone is being held for me for 48 hours and I was told it will face up bright and white, here are the specs:

1.07 I color Si1 (confirmed eye clean)
6.61-6.65 x 4.02mm
57% table
60.6 dept
34'
41'
thin to medium faceted 3%
medium blue flouresence
$4,839

Let me know what you all think. I'm really hoping this could be a good one, the price for me would be great!

dar7

Rough_Rock
No pictures. So I'd be ordering by how it looks on paper and HCA. I can return within 30 days though if it doesn't speak to me when I see it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is it graded by? Seems like its not expensive enough to be GIA/AGS?

dar7

Rough_Rock
It's GIA XXX, I was thinking the same thing but figured it went lower in price due to the I color?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even for an I it still seems like a very good price... fluorescence might drop the price some but still a good price
in my book.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I is plenty white enough for me. I say the price is good, numbers looks good, confirmed eye clean and only thing left is to have eyes on it since you can't get a photo or IS. Have you seen a lot of stones with excellent, good and bad cut to know the difference? Maybe you can find an appraiser near you to look at it.

dar7

Rough_Rock
Thank you DiamondBug, yes, I've experienced first hand a poorly cut stone unfortunately. So I will know when I see it if it's a keeper or not. Plus I'll examine under every possible lighting scenario in my home! I'll keep you all posted and thank you for your input!

dar7

Rough_Rock
And yes, when it arrives I'll take it to an appraiser to see it. And for input.

dar7

Rough_Rock
Another update, I just called the vendor and asked for another look to verify eye cleanliness and no negative effect from medium flouresence. I'm told it's "very eye clean with no negative effect from flouresence." So now I'll take specs and measurements to jeweler today with my setting and if he says all looks doable I will take the diamond off hold and pull the trigger! That would have it in my hands next Friday morning the 31st. Can't wait to let you all know how it looks, I'll send pics of the loose stone! Thanks everyone for helping me and not blow good money again on a poor cut stone as I've been suckered into in the past. NEVER AGAIN!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo :appl: how exciting is that!! I am waiting for my stone to come in on the very same day. I am keeping myself distracted by looking at settings. What setting are you thinking of? I am putting it in a temp setting for a couple years while I decide on a more permanent setting........ I am soooo fickle minded :bigsmile: Even with a temp setting I can't decide on one. This is the setting I am going with at this moment!

http://www.stuller.com/products/121997/?groupId=113503

dar7

Rough_Rock
How exciting Diamondbug! Tell me more about your stone! I love the setting you picked out, so feminine! I will try and find a good photo of my setting, it's a double halo I already have, I"m replacing the stone with this new one. I had a badly cut stone in it before.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Does the new stone have the same mm size as your old stone so that it can fit in your setting? Please post photos of the setting.
My new stone is to replace the stone that I sold my sister. I only had it for a few wks when I visited her and forgot it there. She has possession and has been begging me to sell her the stone and I finally caved in. It is a GOG 1.67 F with no FL. The new stone is from BN. It is a 1.66 E Si2 (eye clean) with SBF. It is about the same mm as the F. I hope I love it so both sisters can be happy with their stones!! It will also be my first stone with FL so I am excited about that.

dar7

Rough_Rock
Just got the stone! It's a beaut! Sooooooooo sparkly and I'm very impressed with the "I" color! It is completely eye clean also. I think it's going to look amazing in my halo. I'm going to have it set after work today after I loupe it and have it looked at by the jeweler. If all goes well, pictures to come!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! Photos of the stone? Mine came in today too. Been busy looking at it everywhere. Looks nice. The flo has no bad impact though I can see it more blue in the sun compared to my non flo stone and also saw some violet hue...which is soo awesome. Have you check yours out in the sun? I think it is a good stone but I have never fallen in love with a MRB at first sight... I am always too worried about the cut I guess. Now the GOG AVC was love at first sight :love:

20141031_0.jpg

20141031_130504.jpg

dar7

Rough_Rock
What a great size your stone is! And yay for both sisters having great big rocks! Ok here are pics before the stone got set yesterday and then in the halo, it's new home. This diamond is a disco ball, I love it more with each passing hour! I was worried about the I color before it arrived but this diamond has so many moods I'm mesmerized by it and couldn't bear to return it now, it's mine for good!

_23758.jpg

_23761.jpg

_23762.jpg

_23763.jpg

dar7

Rough_Rock
I'm going to take some photos later to try & capture the sparkle, it's really crazy how good the cut is on this diamond. Thoughts on the I color anyone? Btw, gosh I have ugly hands lol, oh well, my new sparkler will detract from that! :))

_23764.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
LOL I don't know what it is about posting hand shots that makes us feel so self conscious about our hands... in reality PSers are too busy looking at the bling, we don't even notice the fingers till the owner points it out!! The stone looks UH-MAZING!! Love it. Can you see any warmth in the I? I don't see any and it looks gorgeous in the halo :love: and humongous. What size ring do you wear? Yes, please come back with more photos, pretty please.

dar7

Rough_Rock
I'm a size 4, although these dang knuckles of mine do get in the way! I'll deal with that later I suppose. I'm just relieved the ring is complete and I'm so in love with the diamond. It's truely one of the more beautiful diamonds I've ever seen. Whew! I rarely see warmth and when I have I think it's because I'm looking for it ya know? It's really just bright and white and stunning. Yay for "I" color and the great value that comes with this beautiful lower color grade!

_23776.jpg

CuseBaby

Rough_Rock
We just ordered my ring (double halo!) from BN with a 1.07 Si1 I center stone on Monday! The weird thing is, the measurements are the EXACT same, as well as fluorescence, etc. If my ring looks anything like yours, I will be through the moon!!!! I have been so nervous about the color and the Si clarity! Do you mind sharing your GIA cert # so I can compare reports?

Compare for yourself! Weird huh?
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=5186014223&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results