shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these round brilliants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be honest. I "think" you could do better. Is there a specific reason you picked these?

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Well I picked them because they were priced lower. Are you concerned about the clarity? Or are there other things? I''m looking for the cheapest 1.5-2 carat i can find.

joker382

Rough_Rock
I like the last one, it seems to have the best cut of all 3 but be careful of the I clarity.....make sure you cannot see anything

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 11:08:42 PM
Author: Carats
Well I picked them because they were priced lower. Are you concerned about the clarity? Or are there other things? I''m looking for the cheapest 1.5-2 carat i can find.
Well, yeah, and the cuts on a couple aren''t the best either...

I understand now where you''re coming from, but really, I can''t stress enough, to not compromise on cut. You can go down in color and clarity (to whatever is eyeclean I assume), but not on cut.
28.gif
You may not be able to get quite that size, but if you go with a vendor who upgrades, you can end up with it down the road.

What is your absolute max on the budget for the stone? And are you color sensitive? I can try and help you find something.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 11:17:15 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/2/2007 11:08:42 PM
Well, yeah, and the cuts on a couple aren''t the best either...

I understand now where you''re coming from, but really, I can''t stress enough, to not compromise on cut. You can go down in color and clarity (to whatever is eyeclean I assume), but not on cut.
28.gif
You may not be able to get quite that size, but if you go with a vendor who upgrades, you can end up with it down the road.

What is your absolute max on the budget for the stone? And are you color sensitive? I can try and help you find something.

Thanks so much Ellen:)

I don''t *think* I am that color sensitive actually. I''m not even that inclusions sensitive - i can hardly tell an Si2 just by looking at it. The interesting thing is that when we were looking at diamonds, they showed us an E and an H..and the funny thing is I liked the color of the H better! The E was grayish/silver and the H, while slightly yellow, seemed whiter...however, later on they told me that the more silverish the better...anyway, so to answer your question, i am open to lower colors (within reason)....

Carats

Shiny_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 11:31:11 PM

Looks great to me:) I will email them to ask for more info.

As a side note, when you see that a diamond is 1.51 carats, should you be suspicious that this is one of those stones thats been given extra unncessary weight to bump it over the 1.5 threshold...
Good!

Sometimes what you''re talking about is the case, but not in this one. If a stone is deeper than 62, has a thick/very thick girdle, and/or is not facing up the diameter it should be, then yes, that could be the case.

If you like what you hear on this stone, be sure and have them reserve it for you while you think about it.
28.gif

And let us know what you decide!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
number 1: shallow with a large table, I''d pass.

number 2: table is a bit large, but overall the ideal scope image shows very little leakage. This stone isn''t exactly cherry picked for cut, but it could be a very white and bright diamond that looks large for the money. This stone looks less included that number 1.

number 3: The stone is overall the best cut of all of the three. The ideal scope image looks fantastic. However, it''s an I1 and it looks like the inclusions might be easily visible by the naked eye.

You are on the right track here. If I were you I would lower in color to the I/J range, stay with well cut stones, and stay around the SI1/SI2 range because many SI stones are eye clean. In a well-cut stone, you can get away with lower color because the light return will make the stone face up white. You will only see a hint of warmth through the side in a well cut I/J stone graded by the AGS or GIA.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds rarely come in exact numbers, such as 1.50. You will need to look at the cut and proportions to determine if weight is hidden in the depth or the girdle. In a well cut stone, this should not occcur. As others have pointed out, don''t compromise on cut. I, also, wouldn''t go as low as an I1 for clarity.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 11:42:26 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Great suggestion ellen, this stone looks really beautiful!!
Thanks k, and yes, it definitely has potential!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results