shape
carat
color
clarity

WF too expensive for me, how about Quest Jewelers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
I want to thank all of you folks on PS for your help. You are all very helpful and a great resource for us novices. I''m about to order a custom 2 row eternity in plat. I got several quotes and wanted to go with WF but they were over 25% higher then the next nearest choice. Both WF and Quest have been great in answering my questions and responding. The only difference in the specs was the diamond quality:

Quest Jewelers: 10 point diamonds, E-F, VS1, ideal cut
WF: 10 point diamonds, F-G, VS, ACA

Although Quest''s color and clarity were better, the WF diamonds are ACA hearts and arrows. I just can''t justify the +25% cost bump for H&A in 10 point stones. Am I losing on the fire and brillioance? Am I missing something?

Which gets to my request. I''d like to here from those that have used Quest to find out how happy or not they were and how good is Quest at "custom jewelery". I''m working with Pete at Quest. Any feedback, experiences and suggestions would be appreciated. I''m trying to assure myself that Quest is the way to go. Please don''t hold back, you won''t hurt my feelings. Maybe I''m over analyzing this. I''m talking about a ring between $8,000 and $9,000 dollars. WF wouldn''t come down to my range. Thanks.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
While I have not had any custom work done by Quest, they did repair an antique ring for me, and their work was perfect. I was quite nervous handing it over to them because the ring is a family piece with considerable sentimental value, but I am beyond pleased with the results.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went with Quest 3 years ago to make a custom RHR for my asscher. They did a great job for me and I was thrilled with their work.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a setting made by Quest and was very happy with the results.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 8:27:10 PM
Author:dmus

Quest Jewelers: 10 point diamonds, E-F, VS1, ideal cut
WF: 10 point diamonds, F-G, VS, ACA

Although Quest''s color and clarity were better, the WF diamonds are ACA hearts and arrows. I just can''t justify the +25% cost bump for H&A in 10 point stones. Am I losing on the fire and brillioance? Am I missing something?
My e-ring is from Quest and the melee are lovely! I honestly cannot see any difference between the Quest stones, ACA melee, or Signed Pieces (my wedding band). So I definitely don''t think you''re missing out on any sparkle by going with Quest. We were very pleased w/ Quest and I am still in loooove with my ring
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
you wont see the difference in 10 pointers if there is any between them and quest premium melee.
Several people have ordered from quest and been happy.
25% is a lot of $$$$

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have personal experience with Quest, for two custom rings, and in both case the melee (varying from .03 to .15) are gorgeous. Bright, lively, beautiful diamonds. I also have experience with WF''s ACA melee, too, and it''s my opinion that you will get comparably well-performing, killer stones (even small ones) from either vendor.

So in this case, I''d save the money and go with Quest.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 9:10:44 PM
Author: strmrdr
you wont see the difference in 10 pointers if there is any between them and quest premium melee.
Several people have ordered from quest and been happy.
25% is a lot of $$$$
Thanks Icekid and Strmrdr. I was really concerned about any loss of brilliance but in the 10pointers in the quality of diamonds I''m talking about I suspected I wouldn''t be loosing any brilliance. Yes, I was willing to pay more for the ACA cut but not +25%. +25% is a big chunk of change.

dmus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 9:21:34 PM
Author: Lynn B
I have personal experience with Quest, for two custom rings, and in both case the melee (varying from .03 to .15) are gorgeous. Bright, lively, beautiful diamonds. I also have experience with WF''s ACA melee, too, and it''s my opinion that you will get comparably well-performing, killer stones (even small ones) from either vendor.

Lynn B and the rest of you thank you very much. I''m excited and most importantly my wife of 33 years will be ecstatic.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done a few projects with Quest, which I''ll attach for you to see. They are local to me, which is a total bonus! I love the guys at Quest.

Here is my custom-made trellis ering.

kvl219ering.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 9:29:44 PM
Author: dmus

Date: 2/19/2008 9:21:34 PM
Author: Lynn B

Lynn B and the rest of you thank you very much. I''m excited and most importantly my wife of 33 years will be ecstatic.
Don''t forget to come back with pics Dave. I''m sure this gift will bring your wife of 33 years much happiness and joy. It''s refreshing reading how much thought you have put into this, that''s awesome!!!
2.gif

dmus

Shiny_Rock
I will definitely post pictures. Probably 2-4 weeks out. Love the sapphire ring! This is getting crazy. I love this stuff. It''s very addictive!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results