shape
carat
color
clarity

WF lifetime Guarantee and policies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

first123

Rough_Rock

I had been really skeptical about buying online. It wasn''t until I spoke with Brian at WF yesterday that I was truly confident about my purchase. They have a few policies that I did not know about and I wish I had known bc it would have taken a lot of the stress out of this process. I''m sure many other PS vendors have similar policies in place but I will point out a couple that I loved for newbies like myself who are on the fence about buying online:

For the lifetime of the ring you can send it back to be serviced (free)
If for example a stone falls out of a WF pave setting you can send it back to be replaced (free)
You can upgrade the stone and get 100% credit for what you paid for your original stone (free)
You can send the ring back for cleaning and a "100,000 mile tune-up" at any time (free)

As Brian put it, they will basically take care of your ring for life at no additional cost.

When I first came to this forum I thought every member was in some way employed by WF or GOG because of all the nice things that were said about those companies. Now I realize it is the business practices and the quality of their products that has earned them such a flawless reputation amongst diamond enthusiasts.

Oh and not to mention it''s nice to save a few 1,000 $s every once in awhile compared to B&M prices.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
i may be making a WF purchase soon, so good to hear.

How many WF customers send it back to them for polishing and pay for shipping/insurance vs going to a local B&M store and paying for the actual cleaning/polishing? And how much (approx) is the shipping/insurance cost each time?

first123

Rough_Rock
That is a great question and one that I can''t answer, but I think my favorite policy was that they will replace lost stones in your setting. That is something you would most likely need to pay a few $100 for at a local B&M.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 1:51:28 PM
Author:first123

I had been really skeptical about buying online. It wasn''t until I spoke with Brian at WF yesterday that I was truly confident about my purchase. They have a few policies that I did not know about and I wish I had known bc it would have taken a lot of the stress out of this process. I''m sure many other PS vendors have similar policies in place but I will point out a couple that I loved for newbies like myself who are on the fence about buying online:

For the lifetime of the ring you can send it back to be serviced (free)
If for example a stone falls out of a WF pave setting you can send it back to be replaced (free)
You can upgrade the stone and get 100% credit for what you paid for your original stone (free)
You can send the ring back for cleaning and a ''100,000 mile tune-up'' at any time (free)

As Brian put it, they will basically take care of your ring for life at no additional cost.

When I first came to this forum I thought every member was in some way employed by WF or GOG because of all the nice things that were said about those companies. Now I realize it is the business practices and the quality of their products that has earned them such a flawless reputation amongst diamond enthusiasts.

Oh and not to mention it''s nice to save a few 1,000 $s every once in awhile compared to B&M prices.

Yup.
16.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:42:30 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/24/2008 1:51:28 PM
Author:first123

Yup.
16.gif
Nice, huh?! There are a lot of great vendors on Pricescope!!! Thanks for the great review!

ellabella

Rough_Rock
Do you have to get shipping insurance if you already have a separate insurance policy on your ring?

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:46:42 PM
Author: ellabella
Do you have to get shipping insurance if you already have a separate insurance policy on your ring?
apparantly on another post I made today someone else said that insurance companies may not cover the ring while it is in transit/during shipping. This is something you should check w/ them. Not sure if it is standard that they do or don''t...

J2K

Rough_Rock
Shipping insurance would probably only cost a few bucks anyways, so I''d get it regardless of whether or not your Jewelry insurance would cover any loss.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results