shape
carat
color
clarity

visual difference between 34.2/40.8 and 34.0/41.0?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Several weeks ago my fiance finally proposed (yipee!!) with a absolutely beautiful Superbcert (Barry was fantastic!)1.17, G, VS1 diamond and as a christmas gift we sent the diamond back
15.gif
for an upgrade!! Originally we had our heart set on a 1.40, G, vvs1 but once seeing the 1.40 in person at Fred Leightons, we decided that 1.50 was the visual jump in size we were happy with.
loopy.gif

Going down to a "H", vs1 enabled us to to get a 1.52 upgrade for about the same price as the 1.40...So we did it!! it should be on it's way early next week...wohoo!!

I know that the 41.0 pavilion depth isn't popular here...and I would like to hear your opinions...Could any of you kindly comment on whether I would be able to detect a difference in light performance between a 34.2 crown angle/40.8 pavilion angle and a 34.0/41.0?
Going down to an H was a bit unnerving..just want to be sure that the 34.0/41.0 was okay. Feedback from my appraiser who looked at both the 1.40 and the 1.52 was that they were both outstanding!! What are your thoughts, Mara, Giangi, Aljdewey, fire & ice, gary...bling??

Thanks all for your feedback!!
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
doubt there'd be much difference (if any!!) but the bigger size, YES!!!
1.gif
esp with no sacrifice for cut. Excellent!
1.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Garry, Mara!! I always look forward to your posts!
loopy.gif
Whew, I know you can't really go wrong with Superbcert but a bit jittery especially if we've gone way over the inital budget!
Mara, I've read that if you had to do it all over again you would consider a H for a bigger size..after thinking and losing sleep (seriously!!) over it I decided to go down to a H. It was hard to visually see a difference between even an mounted F to an H..and couldn't resist that 1.5!! I hope I made the right choice to go down in color for size
9.gif

By the way, I saw the regent pendant you recently recieved...lovely! Have you given more thought to the prong issue? any decisions on your wedding band?
21.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 12/15/2003 1:30:34 AM slammie wrote:

Mara, if you had to do it all over again .......after thinking and losing sleep (seriously!!) ----------------

Most women give up sleep to do it all over again.
Most men go to sleep 10 seconds after.

BTW
How do you paralyse a women from waist down?

Slammie the 41 pavilion is only a problem with a steeper crown angle. Under 34.5 works well
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slammie--yes definitely 20/20 on the size issue
2.gif
As you can see from my Regent, H is still super white for the well-cut stones. I don't see a hint of color in it. Hands down an H SC would be a stunner
2.gif
For the wedding band I am going to go similar to mine but thinner in width. I've got an email into WF for their thoughts but can always go with the local JE one I tried on for $1800. Though of course I'd love to use ACA's for the melee.
2.gif

As for the Regent prong issue, if he lets me, I may just mail it off to Garry and have him do it up the RIGHT way!!!
1.gif
No more messing around.

bling

Shiny_Rock
how exciting..cant wait to see that new rock of yours.. i agree with the others..its going to be a knockout! congrats again..hehe..
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Slammie, you chose a great stone. I bet it's absolutely stunning! A 41.0' pavilion is still within the reccomended guidelines and combined with the exceptional symmetry of a superbcert, it's gonna be a ball of fire!
1.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Garry, Giangi, Bling!! Mara for the reassurance and feedback. Garry, especially for the clarification on the pavilion angle. Sheesh! Who wouldn't have thought that this would be stressful
rodent.gif

Mara, glad to hear you're going with a band similar to yours...I think it will look so beautiful together..this means back to your original idea for the band right?
I am contemplating a 9 stone or eternity band too...love kayla's but don't want to spend the tiffany dosh! A little nervous about the custom made thing since you're stuck with it once it's done?
I wonder if Derekinla has gotten an idea of how the WF custom will look like. Has anyone heard updates from him?

Garry, give up! what's the answer?? hehehe
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
slammie...I tried on a 10 stone ring the other night at Joe Escobar...and it was amazing. I am really coveting one now for the right hand ring
1.gif
They were .10c stones, 10 of them for a tcw of 1c. It was nothing too glaring or obvious and the setting was very low profile so it sat very low on the hand. It was sparkly, classy and a good amount without being overboard. It is easily worn on it's own without another ring and looks amazing. I'm hooked.
2.gif
It's hard to find 10 stone rings online...I have been trying to find some good pictures. I would definitely have WF do it with some of their smaller ACA stones...swoon...can you imagine a 10 stone with with ACA's?!
2.gif
Ahhh maybe in a year or so...fiance won't buy me any more diamonds until after the wedding! Cruel.
9.gif

BTW Garry....Greg got a good giggle out of your joke...MEN!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're probably right! Damn leverage.
11.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mara..

Maybe making Greg sleep on the couch a couple nights will change his mind...
eek.gif

Just Joking..
naughty.gif

12.gif
Josh
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
12.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 12/16/2003 2:16:33 AM Mara wrote:

slammie...I tried on a 10 stone ring the other night at Joe Escobar...and it was amazing. I am really coveting one now for the right hand ring
1.gif
They were .10c stones, 10 of them for a tcw of 1c. It was nothing too glaring or obvious and the setting was very low profile so it sat very low on the hand. It was sparkly, classy and a good amount without being overboard. It is easily worn on it's own without another ring and looks amazing. I'm hooked.
2.gif
It's hard to find 10 stone rings online...I have been trying to find some good pictures. I would definitely have WF do it with some of their smaller ACA stones...swoon...can you imagine a 10 stone with with ACA's?!
2.gif
Ahhh maybe in a year or so...fiance won't buy me any more diamonds until after the wedding! Cruel.
9.gif

BTW Garry....Greg got a good giggle out of your joke...MEN!
3.gif

----------------

Hi Mara,
where is J.Escobar? that ring sounds lovely! You're right about the 10 stones..I don't think I've ever seen one. About the .10, did you find them to be a bit big when worn with an e-ring? I would love to do .08 but found that although you can see more of the melees, it overpowered the e-ring. It seemed that sticking to .04 was more dainty looking. But if it is an right hand ring..now that's another story!!
I know what you mean, after this upgrade I am forbidden to talk about diamonds for awhile..hehehe.
Did I see a post from you saying that you will have whiteflash do your wedding band? What style did you finally go with? Will you have an open gallery?

Gary..that was so funny!!
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results