shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang E-Ring questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I have found my DREAM setting. Unfortunately, it is a Vera Vang, which is kinda pricey. I don''t know how to post a picture, so I attached it to this message. My dream ring is the one on the top left, but I want it in Platinum. It is also on her website under the bridal collection. But, I can''t copy the picture off of the website, I think it is protected. So, if any of you have any pictures of this setting, please post them. Anyways, does anyone have any idea how much this ring costs? Also, do you have to buy the diamond from Vera also, or do you just buy the setting? If you have any info about this, please share.

Thanks a bunch.
2.gif

vera12.jpg

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I guess I do know how to post it after all!!! One more question too...... Does anyone know of any stores that carry this setting in Florida?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bailey Banks and Biddle carries the Vera Wang line.

you can also use the vera wang store locater found here

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It worked to cite the picture from the original wesbite without much trouble (via screenshots), from the Bridal and the Bow collections.

''Guess there is it:

WV.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few things come to mind:

#1. The large stones make the rings appear impossibly dainty in the pictures. The paved frames cannot be less than perhaps slightly below 2mm for safety (as far as I know) and 1 carat stone will look different. I cannot know if you tried on various diamond sizes in this setting already.

#2. Even if a custom made design similar to these would not be as expensive, these rings do not seem feasible 'on the cheap'.

#3. I have no reason to believe that a custom made ring along these lines could not be at least as well made - as long as you find the right man for the job.

I am not saying 'go there', but this ring loks very close - the prongs were made thinner and the basket constructed differently so the look is not quite the same - but the style and method are, IMO. The wedding band on top of the stack in the picture below seems to have the matching sort of pave work...

Hope some f this helps.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This should have been attached to the previous post:

sortsofpave.JPG

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Krissi,

I looked at one of those rings in person last fall at a local jewelry shop (Birks, here in Montreal). It was a pink tourmaline stone set in platinum. The price tag was either $6000 or $8000 CAN, I can''t remember. The saleslady told me the band was only 1mm wide.

Anyways, like you, that setting inspired me... so I began researching whether or not I could purchase just the setting from VW... of course the answer was no. So then I started looking for jewelers to build one custom for me... so far, all of them have said they would not make a ring thinner than 2mm wide (ie: it would be too weak any thinner). The costs I''ve been quoted for such a custom ring have been ~$2000 USD (well, maybe less, since I wanted a pave halo around the center stone as well). I''ve been told differing opinions on how to best set the pave stones... one said shared prong, and two said bead-set. I''m not even sure how the stones in the VW ring are set.

I hope this helps with your quest!!

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, the ring I saw in person was the pink morganite (not tourmaline like I originally said). It''s the same one as shown in the pic above with the aquamarine ring.

BTW, on closer inspection, the VW ring seems to be prong set. Although some of the matching wedding bands appear to be channel set.

Anne

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 9:24:00 AM
Author: valeria101

Are these bands from the Vera Wang site or somewhere else?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2005 1:34:01 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 9/19/2005 9:24:00 AM
Author: valeria101

Are these bands from the Vera Wang site or somewhere else?
Oups... there are from Art of Platinum.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all soooo much for the pictures and the advice. I do love this setting, but you are right, it will probably look different with a smaller stone. The stone I am hoping for is a 1.5 or bigger asscher/square emerlad cut. One thing that I now see about the ring that I am not sure if I like is the gap between the basket and the stone. It seems like a huge space. If the ring is less than 2mm, then from what I have read on ps, it may be too flimsy. That stinks though, b/c I have very small fingers and really want a thin dainty looking ring. IN addition, I would like to have the matching wedding band. I think the thinnest bands possible will be the best for me, b/c I really don't want it to look guady, just sparkly and classy.
21.gif

BTW, is there a way to see these rings on the BBB website. I haven't been able to find them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Or this, by Ritani?
06QQ13.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I also saw the morganite ring at Birks, Vancouver. It was very pretty, but a bit too thin for my taste. The diamonds on the band were not very sparkly at all and it didn''t seem very sturdy. If you go with 2mm, it will still be quite thin, but much more safe and probably a bit more sparkly.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Both lines are carried by Pearlman''s Jewlers, and thier full list of designers can be found Here.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
One other thing I noticed that I might not be that crazy about is its height. I do not like tall rings. The Vera ring looks like it may be kinda high. Anyone have any idea how tall it is? I guess I might have to go hunt one down and try it on to find out. If it is not really high, this might still be the ring for me.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
r200-03W.jpg

Beautiful ring...! I would love to own one of Leon''s ring someday.....

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
My other DREAM setting..... I love this ring too b/c it just looks so dainty to me, for being a split shank!!! This one is actually my first love. But, again, it is kinda pricey. Ithink I may have tried it on at Mayor's once. It was gorgeous. But, I don't know what kind of wedding band you would wera with it.

Large_UnionSquare2.jpg

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
This one kinda resembles the Vera Wang setting. I got this off of PS, but I am not sure where it is from. This one w/ an asscher would be beautiful too I think!!! What do you think. ANother alternative, would be some sort of simple, platinum band w/out pave and then get an eternity band as the wedding ring to spice it up.

917071.jpg

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/19/2005 3:02:59 PM
Author: sslkrissi
My other DREAM setting..... I love this ring too b/c it just looks so dainty to me, for being a split shank!!! This one is actually my first love. But, again, it is kinda pricey. Ithink I may have tried it on at Mayor''s once. It was gorgeous. But, I don''t know what kind of wedding band you would wera with it.
There is a wedding band that matches this and all of his other bands.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Really, do you have any idea how much something like this costs? The e-ring and the wedding band. If it depends on the stone, what I am hoping for is something atleast 1.5c, more like 1.75-2c and asscher cut. If you don''t have any idea of the price, is there any other way I can find out?

Thanks

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ss- try emailing Bill directly with your questions. he should be able to help you very easily. you can email off his website at pearlmans

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
sslkrissi, if you want dainty, you should look into Ritani. The bands are VERY thin, less than 2mm. I have the pave around the stone. Sometimes I almost feel like it''s too thin. The matching band looks really nice.

I may have to get 2 and sandwich the e-ring in.
11.gif

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 3:08:50 PM
Author: sslkrissi
This one kinda resembles the Vera Wang setting. I got this off of PS, but I am not sure where it is from. This one w/ an asscher would be beautiful too I think!!! What do you think. ANother alternative, would be some sort of simple, platinum band w/out pave and then get an eternity band as the wedding ring to spice it up.
anyone know where this ring is from? i really like it!
it looks very similar to the ritani, except this one has diamonds up the prongs.

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
sslkrissi -

you may be interested in the rings i posted here

it seems like we have similar taste. i can''t wait to see which ring you decide to go with!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Clueless - regarding the setting you''re asking about... I''m not sure who makes it, but I think I''ve seen it for sale at www.solomonbrothers.com Use their jewelry search tool to search on settings with diamonds, specifically.

Hope this helps!

Anne

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Yep, you are absolutely right. That ring is on Solomonbrothers.com and the sku # is 91707. You can locate it by entering the sku #.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results