shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Cushion or Round emilya halo for 3ct

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
So I am going ahead with my upgrade and new setting but am a little stuck on which shape. I do love round especially Frankies latest halo with her 3ct stone as it seems just a tad more delicate somehow, perhaps its the slightly smaller size stones of her halo. If I was to go with round that would be exactly it. BUT, I love cushion shape aswell and if I can get the same ultra delicate effect on the cushion shape I would most likely go that way, I will be speaking to Victor once he receives my stone. But again, if I was to go with the cushion should I double row halo it, this would also hugely depend on the extra cost of that setting. I really like twosanguinehearts [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vc-emilya-halo-w-single-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/double']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vc-emilya-halo-w-single-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/double[/URL] row halo...its gorgeous! Im just unsure if it would take to much focus of my stone. Im also a large finger size roughly 8.5ish. This ring will not change for a very, very long time so I want to be really sure.
Would love to hear what you guys think.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you live near Victor or near somewhere where you can try on round halos, cushion shaped halos and multi row pave halos to see what looks best on your hand? Sometimes what I think will look great on me doesn't look as great in person and other times I try things on and go wow, that looks amazing which was unexpected. I own Frankie's first round Victor halo and a couple of rings made by Victor and they are all beautiful. No matter what you choose you are in safe hands Victor "gets" working with the dimensions of each stone without a lot of pressure, just describe what you want to him and let him work his magic...... Either way you will have a magnificent ring!!!!

DC519

Rough_Rock
I am going through this same thought process too! I have a double halo cushion cut ring right now and am wondering if I would miss the square-ish shape on my hand and the sparkle of a double halo. However, my ring size is 5.5 and I have long fingers, I never cared for the round originally. then I realized in order for me to LOVE it, it has to be a big round. My current finger coverage is about 12mm across, which if I stick to a 2.5 +c arat range (or a nicely cut 2.3-2.4 even) with a halo, I should get that 12mm coverage and be happy. I prefer the halo of the original Emilya (the 1.5 viewed top down, but 1.7 together) I may do 1.6 top down, 1.8 together for a bit of oomph. I saw a 2.6 carat with a 9mm spread, we have just a few more pennies to save before I can realistically start searching/comparing :appl: :appl: :appl:

I would suggest going to meet with VC if you could! Honestly though, if I were you, go for the round. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results