shape
carat
color
clarity

Value of old miner diamonds

LibraryLady79

Rough_Rock
Hello I am a bit confused and need help. I referred to the pricescope diamond value guide but it seems really off. I purchased pair of old miner diamonds .30 cttw color g clarity si1-2. Based on the guide they would be values at about $1340 I don't believe this is correct. I am going to get them set by Daniel M in a bezel setting that I saw Yssie had done. I'm not concerned with the value it's just for insurance and shipping reasons they are going to be used in my second hole but I wanted an antique cut. Thanks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
.15 size stones show up for about $250 using the PS search engine but you cant really
compare round brilliants with OMCs. Why don't you insure them for what you paid plus
a little more (maybe a couple hundred dollars more.) After danielm sets them you would
Include the cost of setting.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Library lady I was also confused where is there a diamond value guide. I also agree you need an independant appraiser to value your stones in order to get an accurate idea of their replacement value. Old Miner's cuts would be a different scale than todays RB. I agree I pay OMC and AVC in my line of business whole sale we pay $200 for .30 older stones.

This is why you should have them appraised for cut, color, clarity et al.

LibraryLady79

Rough_Rock
Thank you some much for the responses. I will estimate the value between $200-$400 and go with that. I was just really confused with the pricing guide as I paid no where near that. Still being pretty new to diamonds it can be confusing and overwhelming.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure where you saw that. But a .15 stone in no way should be half of $1300.

You cannot claim more than you have a receipt for if your package is lost, so remember that when setting value. If you have nothing stating their cost or value, you'd have a hard time getting them to pay you in the event of a loss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results