shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day Price Hike?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccdiamond

Rough_Rock
First I want to thanks to all the helpful advice @pricescope. I really enjoyed it and after hours of education here and checking out a few B&M stores I feel ready for my purchase. I do notice though, that prices at online vendors are higher now compared to maybe 2 months ago. Guessing this could be the Valentine''s day effect?

My question is, should I buy now to make sure I can get a nice stone in the inventory or wait until after Valentine''s day? How much of a price difference would there be?

Thanks in advance!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't checked online prices but I do notice with some B&M stores that they have Valentine's day "sales", which end up being inflated prices slashed to "sale" prices that are the normal, uninflated regular price. But not all places do this.

It is true that during certain holidays it is easier to find a stone because stores stock a lot of extra inventory (Christmas and Valentine's day being 2 of those).

If I were in your place, I would check around and see if there are stones available with the specs that you want, and then decide whether you're willing to pay the price you see. For round brilliant stones, you may find that it's easier to find a stone you would be happy with than a fancy shape like a pear/oval/marquise, which are less in demand and therefore harder to find with the specs you want. You may have to search longer to find a stone you like in one of these fancy shapes.

Good luck to you!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don''t notice prices going up before valentine''s day but I do notice a lot more stones being sold these past couple of weeks. A couple of stones that I''ve been tracking/considering online have been sold in the past few weeks. I guess a lot of people want to purpose on v-day. A couple of stores I went to also had less loose stones in stock. I was told that business is good around xmas and v-day. I''d wait until afterwards. Anyone know when the "low" demand months are?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
CB - sometimes June, July and August are rrreeeaaalllllllllyyyy ssssslllllllloooooooowwww! Especially here is the desert
29.gif

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ccdiamond,

If prices are really higher than they were two months ago, I doubt it''s increased profits on the vendors side.

Diamonds at the wholesale level have been creeping up in price for over a year. As vendors replace both physical and virtual stock those price increases are becoming more evident. While the season may slow in a few months, I don''t think that is going to drive down prices below the current market.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results