shape
carat
color
clarity

urgent wuestion about what jareds told me. its crazy

philabt41

Rough_Rock
So I was in jareds getting. Y ring cleaned and they said since the cert which is gia didn't have a cut grade my diamond was worthless. I thought there was no cut grade in princesses maybe only. By gas but they were rude and told me unless I got a cut grade my stone was worthlesd

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post a photo of what the report looks like on here. Where did you get the stone from?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA does not assign a cut grade to princesses, I believe

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gia doesn't have cut grades for non rounds. They were wither deliberately misleading you or ignorant

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS have ideal cut Princess Cut grades. I believe Crafted by Infinity cut them to ideal standards. Wink at High Performance Diamonds is one of their dealers.

philabt41

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I kept lying them that gia doesn't give cut grades for fancies and she said they do n kept being sonrudr
so rude. I just kept saying that they don't but ok than left. But she was so rude

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did they sell you the worthless diamond? Maybe you should get a rebate.

philabt41

Rough_Rock
No they were telling me my stone was worthless without a cut grade and of course said all theirs had cut grades

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:roll: Don't even waste your time or breath trying to argue with people who have no ability to know better. Let them live in determined ignorance. You can't help them.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The above is correct, there is no GIA cut grade on princesses, nor was there one on ANY stones they inspected prior to 2006. That said, the statement is silly on it's face. GIA didn't make it, and lack of a GIA inspection in no way makes your stone worthless regardless of the shape or grade.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My guess is that your "sales associate" was selling ladies underwear or shoes or hubcaps or what ever last month. She obviously has little to no knowledge to share with you and insisted on proving it to you since she did not even know enough to keep her mouth shut to prevent the ignorance from leaking out.

Wink

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Why oh why does Pricescope not have a "like" button - Wink's response was exactly what I was thinking! :appl:

This is the type of employee Jared's hires: My husband and I went into a Jared's one day just to look around. I noticed a nice pair of earrings and asked to see them. So, what does the sales lady do? She puts them into her own ears and then asks me if I want to try them on too. We could not get out of there fast enough.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best part of your original post is the use of the word "gas," AKA hot air..........

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Besides the hilarity of her commentary, IIRC, the majority of the stones stocked in most of Jareds' inventory are IGI stones, unless that recently changed. Getting a GIA graded (or otherwise reputable lab) was nearly impossible as most stores had, at most, 5 in store at a time.

philabt41

Rough_Rock
Yes they were all igi. And gsi. Maybe a few gia. But she said my gia was nothing without a cut grade so I ended up meaning gia and asking and than faxed it to them. Normally I would have just let it go but she was so rude to me and called me a liar and kept going on and on about how experienced she was

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
philabt41|1419305999|3806261 said:
Yes they were all igi. And gsi. Maybe a few gia. But she said my gia was nothing without a cut grade so I ended up meaning gia and asking and than faxed it to them. Normally I would have just let it go but she was so rude to me and called me a liar and kept going on and on about how experienced she was

You should get her email address and email the link of your post here in PS.

Her ignorance is over the top. I would also get the managers email and email it to him. they need to train their employees better.

She may think she is in the know when the opposite is true but her rudeness is inexcusable.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahhh you went to Jared's.... :lol:

philabt41

Rough_Rock
Ariel44. Yes I agree they need to train them. But while I was there I even pulled up sites that said it and she kept saying I'm an expert diamondologist and I know more than you and just went on and on about how my stone needed a cut grade to have value and finally left tired of being told lies and that I had no clue what I was talking about. I called the manager five minutes aftervi left cuz I couldnt stand it and even she said she thought they had cut grades but did kinda apologize for the lady by just saying sorry you left upset and I'm sure she didn't mean to say ur stone was of little value.....hello yes she meant to say it.

I just hope they got my fax

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why did you fax them your cert? What do you stand to gain by doing that?

philabt41

Rough_Rock
I didn't fax my cert. I faxed the email from gia saying there is no cut grade for princesses on certs. There are no set standards for fancies only rounds

philabt41

Rough_Rock
Ame I faxed them the info from gia so hopefully the manager will get the facts straight so no one else has to be treated how I was

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For several years now, every time I see an add for Jareds I have a little snippet I say to myself,

"He went to Jareds. and then he went to find a real jeweler on the Internet who gave him better quality, price AND service ."

Wink

philabt41

Rough_Rock
Lol. That's funny but true I'm starting too see how mall stores just don't carry the quality or have the knowledge. Although to not offend anyone I'm sure there's some great items out there from chAins

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angry for you. Wink's posts sum it up. Now I think I'm going to go around calling myself an "expert Diamondologist" to show everyone how knowledgeable I am :dance:

philabt41

Rough_Rock
Lol I left there so upset n offended but y'all post make me just augg about it

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
philabt41|1419360667|3806584 said:
Lol I left there so upset n offended but y'all post make me just augg about it

I think your time would have been better spent at Claire's. ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1419360291|3806577 said:
Angry for you. Wink's posts sum it up. Now I think I'm going to go around calling myself an "expert Diamondologist" to show everyone how knowledgeable I am :dance:

Ooooooooooh I like that.

Maybe we can all get Pins that say that at the next PS GTG.

I had a Jared's sales person 'correct' me once that my asscher was not an asscher but a princesses. And not a very well cut one either.

:rolleyes: I was like well, they're right, it IS a poorly cut princess. :lol:

This is what goes through my head at Jared's, Kay's, et al. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mje5EujuWMU&list=RDmje5EujuWMU#t=14

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every time I see the commercial and hear "he went to Jared" I think "imagine what you could've gotten if he went somewhere with really nice stuff!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results