shape
carat
color
clarity

URGENT!...experts, need your opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking for a diamond for my e-ring, and I have found this diamond, but don't know if it's worth to buy or not. Need your opinions, please.
rolleyes.gif

1.03 H/VS2 Round
GIA
6.56-6.57x4.00
Table: 55
Depth: 60.9
crown angle: 34.8
pavili agnle: 40.9
Cutlet: None
Girdle: Medium 1.2-1.4%
Flor: Faint
$ 4600

Thanks a lot.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Stone numbers look really nice, and the price is good. Of course, double check with an independent appraiser who can verify the cut for you.

Nice find!

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
opps..I forgot to mention about polish and sysmetry, they are both excellent

I've checked the HCA, it's 1.7 with ex,vg,vg,vg.
my concern is....is it not good enough? as it got only one ex on HCA even though the numbers look good
4.gif

after reading the thread 'Hit me if you can', I am a little bit worried about the angles combination, coz it's eactly 34.8/40.9
rolleyes.gif
...which some people think it's not a good combo.
rolleyes.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry about 1 Ex. The HCA scored this diamond below 2 meaning you've picked one of the top 5% performers of all diamonds. Most people can't tell the difference between an Ex and Vg rating in any area on the HCA.

All the talk about angle combinations is very high level. Not that they don't like a particular combination, but that they find other angle combinations more pleasing to them.

Don't sweat the technical stuff. See the diamond. Get it evaluated by a professional appraiser. Looks like you may have found a winner and a nice price!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not just about angles...also how the angles relate to table and depth. The stone should be beautiful. Did you see any pictures or Scope images of it to ensure good light return? The numbers look very good as does the H/VS...this stone will face up slightly larger than a typical 1c stone, so it may look bigger to people's eyes. Always a plus.
2.gif

Nice choice!
1.gif
Good luck.

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
I haven't got any idealscope pictures yet, but probably tomorrow, if so, I will need all your help again
tongue.gif

What do you think about the medium girdle? is it good to have medium girdle, as I have seen most of the ideal cut stones seem to have thin-medium girdle. Also, it doesnt't mention faceted on GIA, does it mean it's a non-faceted stone?
confused.gif
how does it affect the quality of the diamond?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Faceted or non-girdle doesn't matter.

Medium girdle is better than thin-medium girdle. But both are fine.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Specs look good. Scores well on the HCA. 1.7, TIC, Ex/Vg/Vg/Vg.

Price is good as well. Avg PS Vendor asking price for comparable diamonds is about $4830.

Hint of Blue Flour will add marvelous flashes and sparks.

Looks great! Get pics and check on the IS image.
1.gif

cherry

Rough_Rock
Thanks all you guys. Finally I got one idealscope picutre, what do you think?
appl.gif

Attachments

• idealscope.gif
    95 KB · Views: 131

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
Hi, I hope this idealscope picture is more clear than the one above.

Attachments

• idealscope2.gif
    96.2 KB · Views: 127

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice picture, relatively little light leakage except for a slight bit around the table.
2.gif
Blurry image though!! Based on the #'s and the image, the diamond should perform quite well!

sweatgem

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara. I know the picture is a little bit blurry and small, but as the file size issue, I have to make the file smaller, otherwise, can't post the picture
wink2.gif

Thanks for your opinion anyways
tongue.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats odd because I have posted much bigger IdealScope images and stayed under the 100kb file size. Are you saving it as JPG or GIF? I find that JPG's save smaller sizes...and can keep larger images.

meffaman

Rough_Rock
That sounds like a great price. Where did you find it? Was it online? I'm looking for something a little bigger, maybe they have something I might be interested in.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results