shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade from 1.75 to 3.00 ct cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushion612

Rough_Rock
Hello Fellow Psers!

I am deciding on my birthday gift from my DH and cannot decide if I should go through with an upgrade to my engagement ring:
My engagement ring is a 1.75 cushion, and I love it, but DH wants to get me a 3.00 ct upgrade. I am a size 4.25. Would that be too big and flashy?

Poll:

Would you upgrade from a 1.75 cushion to a 3.00 ct cushion?

Thank you for your vote!!!!
35.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Your poll didn''t work but in my opinion 3 carats is fabulous but so is 1.75. Will you be comfortable with the attention?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I just looked up your old posts and I''ve never said this before but I am now. I don''t think you should upgrade
I think the diamond you have is perfect for your finger.

It''s only flashy if you.. flash it around
37.gif
lol I don''t think a 3ct is too big.

Go for it if you want!!! (the stone you have now is lovely too though)

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
If my husband offered, never mind WANTED me to get a 3 carat upgrade, I would cry, jump up and down, smother him with kisses and start hunting down my dream stone.

But do whatever you feel comfortable with
12.gif
9.gif

There is no such thing as too big and flashy IMHO. I think any size stone can be beautiful.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 11:58:17 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
If my husband offered, never mind WANTED me to get a 3 carat upgrade, I would cry, jump up and down, smother him with kisses and start hunting down my dream stone.

12.gif
9.gif

There is no such thing as too big and flashy IMHO. I think any size stone can be beautiful.

+1
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

12.gif
9.gif

LOL! I love this!
36.gif
My upgrades have always involved some degree of coercion of DH.
31.gif

I agree with everything you''ve said.

To the OP: If you guys can afford this upgrade, and it makes both you and your DH happy, when why not?
11.gif
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
if you can afford it and you want it, go for it! and come back with pics b/c that will be one amazing ring!

curiousmind

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 12:01:01 AM
Author: ArtistJess

12.gif
9.gif

+1
9.gif
+2
I wish I have this problem to worry about, too.
9.gif

jgny

Shiny_Rock
+3

Go for it! ;-) I've been trying on 3+ ct cushions and am a size 5. Definitely not too big or flashy. Do what I did - try on a 12 ct asscher and anything after that looks positively demure ;-)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Is the only question whether it will be too flashy? or are there other pieces that you''d rather have as a birthday gift? I would probably find it too flashy for me, but if you''d love it, go for it :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my husband offered he would be husband of the year in my eyes! Go for it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say go for it, before he changes his mind!!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi cushion!! What a great dilemma to have!!! I will be in the minority here, but I think your current ring is perfect and very substantial on your finger. I think 3ct may be a touch ''too big''. But then again if you`re comfortable with that size, go for it!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
This is obviously a personal choice but, if you truly don''t care, I also looked at your older threads and your e-ring is already quite large on your finger. When I look at some women''s stones they seem perfectly proportioned in an everyday sort of way and if they went larger it would just mean the rings would start to really stand out. Your ring already look totally stands out. That, plus the two bands, seem pretty substantial to me. If you''d like a stone that is even blingier you should obviously go for it, but if you''re wondering if your current stone looks smallish at all I''d say it definitely doesn''t.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 7:22:45 PM
Author: Hest88
This is obviously a personal choice but, if you truly don''t care, I also looked at your older threads and your e-ring is already quite large on your finger. When I look at some women''s stones they seem perfectly proportioned in an everyday sort of way and if they went larger it would just mean the rings would start to really stand out. Your ring already look totally stands out. That, plus the two bands, seem pretty substantial to me. If you''d like a stone that is even blingier you should obviously go for it, but if you''re wondering if your current stone looks smallish at all I''d say it definitely doesn''t.

I agree--I would stay with your lovely ring and get another piece of jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results