shape
carat
color
clarity

update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bianca07

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

Whitehall called in the early afternoon saying they had my ring. I went in there and the saleslady gave it to me
face16.gif
and then said the manager had to do the credit to my 2 cards-(I used a new whitehall account I opened and also a card of my own.) The manager came and said he had to call his District Manager to get this refund approved because trade ins are not refundable! Then he showed me the bottom of the receipt which did state that.

I told him that the other manager repeatedly stated that I had 30 days unconditionally for a 100% full refund and return of my ring. Also I never agreed on a stone. I had no idea what a 2 carat would look like in this quality and also I know that no 2 diamonds are a like even it they are graded the same. I told this and also that they ran my card through to "hold" the sale price if I did decide on a stone.
He then said she should not had done this, but proceded to show me a 1.5 SI1 I-J color round in a white gold setting. They said because they "liked" me so much they did some digging and found this "fabulous stone." Well it had black carbon deposits all over the bottom and looked black inside-looked just like the 2 carat they tried to sell me except it wasn''t knicked on the side. They said this fabulous SI1 would be the same price as the 2 carat SI2 I-10,000
emotion-20.gif
can you believe that? I pretended to be interested as they still didn''t credit my acct. and I thought if I acted like I may possibly bring my hubby in with me this weekend to look at the stone they may credit my acct because they wouldn''t want to lose a possible sale and would avoid conflict.

Anyways, they credited my acct!!!
face16.gif
I got the receipt to prove it and my ring back! Tomorrow first thing I am going to close my Whitehall credit card. They think I may come back on Sat. to see the stone-yeah right!

Now I am going to stick with my local jeweler who made my setting and other pieces for my family...-or search online...I should have did that to begin with, but just thought I should stick with the store it was purchased from to get the credit...

It seems like they also jacked up their prices since I had that "credit" for the trade in so in all actuality I wasn''t getting my credit because they just made their prices higher.

Thank you to all for your advice and moral support-I wish more people knew about you guys here, you are the BEST!!!
emthup.gif

I also hope that other people who are considering buying from one of these stores will see my post and never set foot in one....
I am now on the search for a nicely cut SI1 f-g color stone 1.5-2.0 stone and sure hope I find it!

Should I still report them to the BBB and call their corporate headquarters to complain or just leave well enough alone. I feel like they tried to conned me, but I allowed them to do that so maybe I will just let it be....

Again I thank you all for taking the time to help me and for not scolding me even though I deserve it big time! I just thank God that you guys were right and it worked out.
emotion-5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! I am so glad you were able to get your credit today! They need to fire that employee who did that. Regardless, you stayed cool and played the game...good for you! I''d let if go, if I were you just to put it behind you.

You will do very well if you seach for your diamond right here on the PriceScope search. Put in all your requirements and diamonds will come up, and then you can click on them and see who is selling them. The prices here are better than all the jewelry stores I have visited, and I recently ordered a diamond in the size range you''re interested in from one of them. (If I decide not to buy it, I''ll send you a PM and let you know because it''s a beauty!). Good luck on your search!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Bianca,
What an ordeal!!! So glad you got your ring back and that they credited your cards. Cancel your Whitehall account first thing tomorrow. I knew they would try what they did, that's what made me so mad. But sounds like you played it cool and all was resolved.
1.gif
Thank god. If you need any help finding a stone online or advice on one from a reputable B&M, we will be here to help you. PHEW!! I am relieved.
2.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Congratulation Bianca....

You do get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

Lots of sales agreements have outrageous terms on them, such as trade-ins aren''t refundable. However, I don''t think that would stick as it would have created an unconscionable contract, even more than it already was.

In that a lot of their stores are going to be closing, the people working there, are probably not in the "best mood" either.

Good thing you didn''t have to bring in the "big guns"...

I do a lot of consumer protection type stuff, in my practice, and if they didn''t "behave", I would have come to your aid.

I just didn''t want you to be more upset than you already were unless they got "cute".

Rockdoc

Bianca07

Rough_Rock
Roc Doc, thank you so much for your wisdom and support... I honestly cannot express the gratitude I have for you to take the time out and help me. You are such an asset to to this community-we are so fortunate to have you here.
emrose.gif

Thanks again
face1.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 11:15:15 PM
Author: Bianca07
Roc Doc, thank you so much for your wisdom and support... I honestly cannot express the gratitude I have for you to take the time out and help me. You are such an asset to to this community-we are so fortunate to have you here.
emrose.gif

Thanks again
face1.gif

I have been a victim, before I got the gemological knowledge, so after learning, I''ve been very dedicated to helping those who are taken advantage of.

Thank you for the nice comment.... now I''m gonna go blush and turn all red.

( Hmmmmm no blushing icon thingy here ) but glad it worked out in your favor.

Rockdoc

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Bianca,

Well done for keeping composed and polite. You did a great job and I''m relieved you had your ring returned and credits made. That''s wonderful news. I would put it all down to a bad experience and stick to the better vendors that we have all experienced and had good service from.

I''m sure you can find a wonderful stone and there are many wonderful people here on Pricescope who would be very happy to help you out. You just have to ask.

Congratulations once again for putting your brave hat on and sorting out this problem. I''m so glad it worked out.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Big sigh of relief here!!!

Shame on Whitehall for trying to pass those stones off as SI1s.

Sounds like a mess.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Bianca, good for you!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bianca,

Phew...what a relief!!!

I''m glad you got the right outcome.

Blod
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you! I am so glad you got your ring back and the credit on your account. Now you can do some serious diamond shopping
11.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results