shape
carat
color
clarity

U Prong by Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been perusing settings and came across this one by Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/U-Prong-w-Accent-by-WF_743.htm#

I like the melee accent, I think a ACA would look great in this!

I tried to do a search about this on the forrums but came up with nothing. Anyone have this setting? Rants/raves?

TIA
1.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it.

To me, the overall shape, proportions, etc are very pleasing to the eye.

The little diamond on the side is cute & sentimental.

It's a nice blend of strong lines, heavy weight contrasted with the sentimental little stoneon the side.

Whether it looks good on the hand is another issue entirely & you won't know until you try it on.

Mocha

Rough_Rock
Luckyhonu,

I, too, love love love that setting. It is most definitely one of the top three that I am considering for my e-ring. I love the domed shank. They also have another u-prong, have you seen that one? The little accent diamond is a sweet touch. Someone actually posted real pics of this setting- see the eye candy section, last time I checked (I always go back and stare at it) it was on page 12. There are 3 pics of it in various positions. I agree that it would look fabulous with an ACA diamond. Let me know what you think of it, and if you come across any more "real life" pics of this beautiful setting.

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
anyone own this setting?

any opinions?

any actual photos besides the one on page12 of eye candy?

thanks!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that it looks nice, but you might want to see it in person and try it on first.......a lot of people here - myself included - had a setting in mind, but after trying things on decided to get something totally different.....

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
my plan is to surprise my future fiance.

maybe i will just have to be more conservative?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its nice but looks a little chunky to me.
Id like that head on a thinner and narrower band.

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
here are the stats:
U-prong Half round shank engagement ring set with two ''A CUT ABOVE'' Accent Melee Designed by Whiteflash. Platinum: 95% Pt, 5% Ir. Width: 3.7mm taper 2.7mm. Height: 6mm. Melee: 0.05tcw.

does this mean the diamond will be 6mm from her finger?

what is the difference between width and taper?

thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The width will be the widest at the top of the ring and as the shank goes down around her finger it tapers and will be less wide.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
I really like that setting and it was actually a contender for me in the beginning. Personally, I like a little thicker band as anything super-delicate make my already big fingers look even bigger-as long as it isn''t TOO thick-that''s why I will (listen to me, I haven''t even been asked yet, LOL!) get a superthin, micropave WB to go with my thicker ER (Vatche XProng)...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it''s not one of my favorites as the band and head seem too chunky for me...I prefer a more delicate head and thinner band, but barring a thinner band...a more delicate head and more detailed prongs.

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
Diachi,

If you don''t mind me asking....what size ring do you wear?

she is a 6 1/4

thanks

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
What size diamond are you planning on getting? I have a 1.5ct round that faces up like a 1.25ct (b/c it is only 7mm) in a contour setting that is 3.5mm wide. At first I did not like such a wide setting but I''m getting more used to it. There is a picture under "My new new Signed Pieces eternity band" under Show me the Ring if you want to take a look.

That being said, I think you would need a pretty decent sized diamond in order for the WF setting not to totally overwhelm it.

Don''t forget also that when you add a wedding band that it will put even more width on her finger.

Personally, I like the thinner settings.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say that I LOVE the U-prong setting by Whiteflash.
36.gif

I like the wider band and I love the surprise stones tucked inside the "U."

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
between 1.0 and 1.25

is this setting the same width as the regular x-prong?

i am undecided between the 2 x-prongs (with or without accent) and the royal crown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results