shape
carat
color
clarity

Tried on Ritani Endless Love

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Oh my. I just tried on the Ritani Endless Love for a princess cut and can hardly type. I never thought it would be the style I would like, but oh boy---it''s absolutely stunning in person!!!!! I tried it in a one-carat princess cut and that micro pave setting just sparkles like crazy!!! BF said that if it was in my size, he probably would''ve bought it on the spot!

I have some questions though. I''ve read on other PS threads that Ritani requires you to purchase their diamond for their ring. We tried it on a Bailey Banks and Biddle (I know, I said I''d never purchase from a mall store---but I didn''t yet!!!) and the salesperson wasn''t sure of the color and clarity on the diamond! But she said that Ritani is usually set with f/g color diamonds and are SI and up. The cost of the ring was $9,600. What do you guys think about this? I was uncomfortable with the fact that she didn''t know the stats!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a very pretty ring. I can''t remember who it was but they purchased the setting without having to buy the diamond from Ritani. Wish I could remember who it was. Yes that gets me everytime when the saleperson doesn''t know the stats on a stone.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may want to contact Diamond Brokers of Florida (DBOF.com) and talk to Jan - I know they carry Ritani, and they can certainly hook you up with a stunning diamond to put in it.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....there have been a few people on PS who have that setting but with a RB or OEC. As far as I can remember, you DO have to purchase their stone UNLESS you have an old vintage/family stone. Please correct me, PSers, if I''m wrong.

Morticia has a gorgeous old OEC set in the Ritani endless love (I''m assuming you''re talking about the halo one?? There''s also the micro-pave basket one like Kayla and Slammie (I think?) have.) Chellebelle also has that setting, but I can''t remember the story about their stone.

I think Morticia got her setting through DBOF (Diamond Brokers of FLorida). In any case, there are a lot of vendors out there that do sell ritani if you''d feel more comfortable having more control over the specs and not buying from a "maul" store.....I think Bill Barnes has them. Who else?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DBOF is a good source and what about Pearlman''s????

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, Pearlman''s carries Ritani too. I do believe you cannot send a loose stone to them but if it''s in another mounting they will reset it...best to contact Bill and ask to be sure.

here''s the thread with the princess in the ritani setting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo. Bill Pearlman is great to work with from what I hear, you should definitely give him a call.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2005 3:02:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo
......... I do believe you cannot send a loose stone to them but if it''s in another mounting they will reset it

Thanks MrsS.....that puts it way more succinctly than I tried to!

Yes, I''ve heard WONDERFUL things about Bill!!

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tips! I do not already have a diamond, so I''ll likely buy it with the setting. Although the person at BBB didn''t know the specs
20.gif
I believe they may have been about a G SI1. It looked eye clean (and I was wearing my glasses
9.gif
) Do you guys think that $9,600 was a good price for this? I looked up G SI1s in the 1.0-1.05 carat range on PS and the diamonds alone were about $4k. I believe the setting is only around $3k max (if I had to guess), so are Ritani diamonds just pricier because they''re "Ritani" diamonds? I''m confused
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally wouldn''t want to buy a diamond without the specs. Definitely give Bill at Pearlman''s a call before doing anything else. His prices are very competive and he is an absolute gentleman to work with.

The higher price you are paying is for the designer name brand of the setting. nothing special about their diamonds as far as I know.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The other threads have indicated that if you have stone that is already set and that the setting looks worn you can have them put it into their setting as an heirloom stone.
Congrats on finding the setting you love. If there is anything you dont find 100% perfect about it several ladies have tweaked the RB endless love design working with WhiteFlash.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding your dream ring! I wrote to Diamond brokers of Florida a while back concerning the ritani endless love (the halo one) and they told me they could only do a remount. They send the ring to ritani and ritani does the setting. I had previously thought about buying the diamond from one of the vendors, and having it placed in the cheapest, and simplest setting, then sending it ritani for a remount. I don''t know if that would be cheating, but I ended up deciding against the ritani halo version. Good luck with your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results