shape
carat
color
clarity

Trade in anywhere?? & Setting for Radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Hi, everyone.

I haver a question regarding a trade in. I saw a couple of topics about trade in, and people are talking about upgrading their diamonds all the time. I know usually if you go back to a store you bought your diamond from, you can upgrade that diamond. How about other stores? Do they usually buy a diamond back for the upgrade? Or do I always have to go back to the same store? I just wondered.......

There is one more thing I want to ask you guys. I have 2carat Radiant ring, and I want to have fancier setting for it. I''m looking aroung, but yet to find a perfect setting for it. If any of you have suggestions or pictures of nice setting for Radiant cut diamond, Please let me know!!! I have a budget around $7000.00 for a setting.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? I really appreciate if I can gather some info..... Thanks.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Most stores will take in stones on trade-in, but not for anywhere close to what you paid for them... Thus it is often better to trade in the stones you purchased with the store that you originally purchased it from, but only if it makes financial sense to do so... Take a look at what the new stone is going to cost you with one of the internet dealers and see whether it pencils out to pay what will likely be a higher price with your local brick and mortar retailer...

Now, other dealers like ourselves will NOT accept the trade in of diamonds sourced from other companies because we have a strict policy of not trading in conflict diamonds (diamonds sourced from war torn countries, etc.) and thus we will only represent diamonds sourced from suppliers who we have verified as trading in legitimate goods. We also will not buy jewelry "off the street" as many of our local competitors do because we feel that doing so contributes to residential crime in that we believe that much of the merchandise offered by people who walk into our store trying to sell it is in fact stolen in one form or another, usually residential burglary. We do take a look at each piece being offered however in hopes of matching it up to one of the descriptions we receive on a fairly regular basis from people who have been the victims of burglary and who have provided descriptions of the stolen items to the jewelers and pawn shops in the area...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results