shape
carat
color
clarity

To reset to an heirloom setting??

stillinlove

Rough_Rock
So I am very torn about whether I want to reset my engagement ring. My husband picked it out on his own and while I love the stone and the overall idea of the ring (platinum cathedral solitaire), I wish it were more delicate or else had a little more pizazz. I am definitely attached to it but every time I look at it I think that maybe its not 100% right (I'd say its 90% right).

I have my grandmother's engagement ring setting from the 1930's which is really beautiful. The stone is now in some other piece of jewlery but the setting is plat, with two small baguettes on the side. I believe it could accomodate my stone. I'm not sure it would look THAT different from my current ring, but maybe would add a little more pizazz. Also, the ring seems much more delicate.

I think my husband would prefer I don't change it but would be ok with it if I wanted to.

What do you all think? On the one hand, I'd like to change the setting, but on the other, I am attached to my current ring because its the one that my husband picked out for me. It also would be sentimental to have my grandmother's ring on my hand too--just not in the same way.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd change it. But take it to a good bench and makes sure it is workable. Also get a second opinion from a second good bench if you are unsure about anything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results