shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Inspired Custom Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cvanavi

Rough_Rock
My FI purchased me a solitaire 1.17 carat brilliant round ring with a 2.5 mm band. I''m considering changing the setting to something similar to the Novo band. Now, I haven''t seen the Novo in person (will visit Tiff''s today) but I know I want some sparkle on my band. Also, I want the diamond to pop, hence a thinner band. I ran this idea through my mom, yesterday, and she wasn''t so hot about the idea. "It''ll look like your wearing a rubber band on your finger," is how she phrased it.

So this is what I ran through her yesterday:
2 mm band with 16x 2-point diamonds on the e-ring
1.8 or 2mm band with 19x 2-point diamonds on the w-band

I have small hands with average length fingers for my hand size. My ring size is 4.5.

Do you think the 2mm is too thin? what about the 1.8mm w-band? will the 1.8 mm w-band look awkward as a stand alone? Should I purchase extra bands to stack if I choose not to wear the e-ring later on? How many? What sizes?

RoundedNovo.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's a matter of taste I think, and nobody can tell you for sure if it's perfect for you or not.... If you have small hands IMHO a 1.8 or 2mm band would look lovely and proportionate and definitely make the diamond pop. Personally, I really like the thin-pave-band style. I do think part of the fun of that style is the stackable band possibility; I don't think they're "necessary" but certainly would be fun and gorgeous, and you'd have options to play with and different looks you could wear.

I also think that the super-thin-band style is one that is more common now than in the past, and people who are used to the older styles of heavy yellow gold bands etc. may not care for the look. You'll never find a style that everyone will love, that's for sure. Even an unassuming, beautiful classic solitaire will have its haters (my husband, for example, hates solitaires with a passion).

If you love it, go for it! I think it sounds gorgeous. (Also your mom may well change her mind when actually seeing it on you.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results