shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Idealscope and ASET

jing

Rough_Rock
I've been a lurker on the pricescope forums for awhile now. I've been on this search to find a beautiful stone for an engagement ring. I respect many of your opinions and comments. Based on the ASET, Idealscope and measurables, what are your thoughts on this diamond? The HCA is 0.8. However, many of you have said that the HCA is a rejections tool and the Idealscope, ASET and visual inspection should be the basis of selection. Any opinion or comment would be greatly appreciated.

aset_14.pngidealscope_7.pngmeasurables.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic.

jing

Rough_Rock
I appreciate the comment Gypsy. I have it narrowed down to two stones. The other is .02 ct, .10 mm smaller on the spread, and two color grades down. The first stone is colorless, the second stone is near colorless. Te HCA on the first stone is 0.9 and the HCA on the second stone is 0.8. BUT, the second stone is $1,649.00 less. They are from two different vendors. I know there is a premium you pay when you break that near colorless to colorless threshold. I'm just not sure I'm willing to pay that premium. Haha, both are within my budget. Thoughts on the second stone? Any comment or opinion is greatly appreciated.

image_2108.jpg
image_2109.jpgimage_2110.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the colours? :)

jing

Rough_Rock
First stone is E and the second stone is G. Some say that E may be a little overkill for a super ideal stone but my girlfriend prefers colorless. If she can truly tell the difference....that's a whole other story. 1.031 ct vs 1.01 ct.

jing

Rough_Rock
Here's a not so great photo of the first stone. E color, 1.031

faceup.pngprofile_2.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally speaking, if you can stretch to the E I would get it - if your other half is colour sensitive it's best to play it safe!

I bought an F for my other half and I can sometimes see a hint of a tint in certain flat lights, so I think an E would be safest :)

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
I think both have the potential to be stunning performers. The first one looks quite nice. As far as the decision for E or G, I think you have some good reasoning for the E:

jing|1407807553|3730586 said:
First stone is E and the second stone is G. Some say that E may be a little overkill for a super ideal stone but my girlfriend prefers colorless. If she can truly tell the difference....that's a whole other story. 1.031 ct vs 1.01 ct.
I think if you spread that price difference out over the next fifty years or so, it's quite reasonable. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results