shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on a Ex - Ex - VG Round Solitare

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
I was doing some searching and wanted to get some thoughts from the community on this diamond. I know triple Ex's are expensive but I found a relatively cheaper diamond going with a VG in symmetry. The clarity grade was bumped from my previous VS2s but the price dropped dramatically.

Is there anything I need to be weary about with this diamond? I've already asked for the pictures, blueprints, etc as well so hopefully I'll get some images soon to post up.

Thanks for your time.

Carat Weight 1.29 carat
Color Grade F
Clarity Grade VS1
Cut Grade Excellent
Depth 61.7 %
Table 56 %
Crown Angle 34.0°
Crown Height 15.0%
Pavilion Angle 41.0°
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2196190264

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers look good. We need the other images to be able to give any further opinions.

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1425336200|3840891 said:
Numbers look good. We need the other images to be able to give any further opinions.

I was able to get some pictures. I can see why it was rated VG on the symmetry. Thoughts?

cab_stock_6702647.jpg

ca_stock_6702647.jpg

ca_stock___6702647.jpg

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
The price difference from a triple ex to this was quite a lot considering all the triple ex's had more flaws and the HCA score was a lot higher. About a $700-$800 price difference.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it looks pretty darn good. You can see the area of obvious defect easily on the magnified photo and ASET but overall it looks good and should be a pretty stone. You just need to decide if the cost savings is worth it to you, but from that ASET I would say you'll have a pretty diamond.

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
pfunk|1425416404|3841414 said:
I think it looks pretty darn good. You can see the area of obvious defect easily on the magnified photo and ASET but overall it looks good and should be a pretty stone. You just need to decide if the cost savings is worth it to you, but from that ASET I would say you'll have a pretty diamond.

Wonderful, thanks for your reply. The sales rep was stating the same thing as he heard from the gemologist but just wanted some reassurance as well. I know they just want sales at times.

Chihuahua6

Shiny_Rock
I am in no way an expert but those images look really nice. There's that one little area that's off but everything else looks as good as it gets. I think so anyway. Are you moving forward with it? Have you chosen a setting?

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
Chihuahua6|1425420729|3841447 said:
I am in no way an expert but those images look really nice. There's that one little area that's off but everything else looks as good as it gets. I think so anyway. Are you moving forward with it? Have you chosen a setting?

I did more forward with it. The setting is a classic 4 prong, traditional solitaire. I requested pictures because I noticed the symmetry was VG hence I wanted to get some opinions. But after speaking with the sales rep and looking at prices, the VS1/F combination would've put me easily $1k+. I think the sales rep was trying to hint this was a very good deal considering the price of the ct, and the other Cs even though the symmetry was graded as VG.

Can't wait to get it. I'll post pictures up when I do.

calebyuen

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1425336200|3840891 said:

Diamondseeker2006, please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks for your time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results