shape
carat
color
clarity

Thought I was sure but now I don´t know... help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Totoro

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a center stone for three stone ring to wear as a RHR. I really thought I found the right one the other week but now I´m not so sure anymore.
The diamond I found was this one from JA http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1160236.asp

Carat weight: 0.85
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 62.5%
Table: 56.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.00*6.07*3.77

It scores good on HCA,1.6, and I got an IS and it looked nice too.
And I have been assured it is eye clean
But..
* 62.5% depth is much, maybe too much?
* The difference in diameter seem pretty big to mee, I´ve read it is not supposed to be more than .05
* The girdle is on the bigger side

So what do you think? Is this diamond great or just good?

Thanks!

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
I think this will be a great diamond. It has great proportions, eye-clean, and looks to face up very white. I wouldn''t worry about the depth, if it were over 63% I would say you''re loosing some spead. I doubt the girdle thickness will both your either.

I bought a stone very similar to yours from JA for a 3-stone bezel set wedding band and was very happy.

Don''t worry and enjoy the stone!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
For this size stone, neither of these is true...* The difference in diameter seem pretty big to mee, I´ve read it is not supposed to be more than .05
* The girdle is on the bigger side

If the stone appeals to you, buy it and enjoy.
emotion-19.gif

Totoro

Rough_Rock
Now I feel much better :) I think I will proceed with the purchase,
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results