shape
carat
color
clarity

This is a tricky one...Photoshop help request...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking of three stones, but would like something a little different. More solid and modern in feel. I really like the look of this solitaire by Cartier and wondered if it would be possible (or advisable!) to turn it into a three stone.

Any one have any ideas? Here''s the pic:

Declaration_side.png

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Just to give another idea of the look I am going for, here''s another contender by Michael Bondanza:

madison3stone_a.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s cool ... I love low set, modern settings like that. Jeff Cooper is another designer you might wanna check out... or Sholdt Design ...

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 7:20:22 PM
Author: decodelighted
I think it''s cool ... I love low set, modern settings like that. Jeff Cooper is another designer you might wanna check out... or Sholdt Design ...

Aha! Thanks for the tips Deco...

a

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 7:16:42 PM
Author: angeline
Just to give another idea of the look I am going for, here''s another contender by Michael Bondanza:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that setting!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Reminds me of this Claude Thibaudeau 3 stone. It was the inspiration for my 3 stone ring.

claude3StoneTrinite.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 7:40:03 PM
Author: SuzyQZ

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that setting!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

thanks Ms SuzyQZ!! Your ring is one of my inspirations! talking about loving settings
30.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 7:43:44 PM
Reminds me of this Claude Thibaudeau 3 stone. It was the inspiration for my 3 stone ring.

I must have another look at CT. I''m not sure if I love the straight bezel with a round. With a square stone they look...mmmmmmm.....yummmmmy!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know where I got this picture from. PriceScope or internet. I saved it because I thought it was soooo yummmy!
18.gif

Yummy side view.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 7:45:41 PM

Date: 7/31/2007 7:43:44 PM

I must have another look at CT. I'm not sure if I love the straight bezel with a round. With a square stone they look...mmmmmmm.....yummmmmy!!!
You are right. Duh!!! (hitting myself on the side of the head!)
I saw that first picture of the Michael Bondanza three stone setting and I just went GA GA!!
19.gif

I Got all LOOPY in the head!!
26.gif

Sorry!
Prong set is better for a round I'm sure.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Hi Angeline,

I like the Michael Bondanza ring- I saw it in person a few years back and it was beautiful.

I thought that you were getting a Leon 3-stone with sheilds, no?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh yup, I forgot to mention - they are all rounds, 1.58 and 2 x .77ct. 10 year anni upgrade
9.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
That Bondanza has been one of my dream rings...I''d be sooo jealous! :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yanno ... I really dig the Michael Bondanza one *as is* ... the Cartier is nice but kinda boxier or something & the ridges look a little dated to me, you'd have to replicate those for the three stone too and - um ... i dunno.

#2 is SAH-weet. And a no-brainer. No custom nightmares etc etc ... Signed, sealed, delivered - it's YOURS!
9.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 8:16:43 PM
Author: decodelighted
Yanno ... I really dig the Michael Bondanza one *as is* ... the Cartier is nice but kinda boxier or something & the ridges look a little dated to me, you'd have to replicate those for the three stone too and - um ... i dunno.

#2 is SAH-weet. And a no-brainer. No custom nightmares etc etc ... Signed, sealed, delivered - it's YOURS!
9.gif

Yup, I concur.
That MB setting is GORGEOUS, I wouldn't change a hair on its head!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
You guys are tooo nice!! I appreciate your words and assistance so much. It''s really easy to over-analyze and worry the details to death! LOL!

Kasey - there have been a few *ahem* deviations since the Leon idea. I actually have a different center now and added the sides. Went through a feverish Van Craeynest period (whom I still loooove) but decided in the end that delicate just wasn''t me.

I think you are all right. Why mess with a good thing? I think I just expect it to be harder than this!

I find your thoughts on the Cartier idea interesting too Deco - good to hear.

Well on Friday Toppers here in SF should have it in for me to look at. Can''t wait!

a

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE this setting - it''s gorgeous!!! I wouldn''t change a single thing on it!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 8:13:53 PM
Author: FacetFire
That Bondanza has been one of my dream rings...I''d be sooo jealous! :)

Well coming from a Bondanza owner - or should I say a 2+ct OEC owner! that is a compliment! I hope to make you as jealous as I am of your ring one day! meant in the nicest possible way...
9.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 9:11:47 PM
Author: Rock Candy

I LOVE this setting - it''s gorgeous!!! I wouldn''t change a single thing on it!

Thanks Rockcandy, it''s good to hear that people like this. I am pretty keen on it myself
9.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh mi goodness!!! That''s amazing iwanna! You''re really good, I''d given up hope. I really appreciate the time you took to do this.

IT does look great...I''d settled on the Bondanza, then thought I''d save the cash for a sparkly band and just do a normal basket setting, but now I''m all confused again!

Thanks!
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I personally think cartier needs to steal the picture and come out with this 3 stone rendition...it is very modern, classy and timeless in my opinion!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Just an update: I went and looked at the Bondanza yesterday. I was disappointed !!! The ring design is gorgeous but the sides are SO angled it makes the overall effect appear smaller. I was looking at a 2ct center with 1ct sides and it didn''t cover my size 6 finger! I have looked at this combo in a basket setting where the sides weren''t so dramatically angled and it almost looked too much, and certainly covered my whole finger.

So I think the Bondanza is out. I want as much finger coverage as possible
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results