shape
carat
color
clarity

This EGL USA stone.....your informed comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

silvius

Rough_Rock
What do you think of this stone? My goal is a beautifully cut, completely eye clean, near colorless diamond. Please, no comments like ‘EGL bad! GIA/AGS good!’ unless you have read and understand this: (which many of you are familiar with, I'm sure)

http://grading.pricescope.com/

I know the study is not the ‘be all-end all’ guide to the differences between the labs, but it sure is a useful tool. I don’t know much about measurements, other than this stone gets a 0.9 on the HCA. To be set in a platinum Vatche X-prong. Are there any red flags to this diamond? Thanks!
9.gif

EGL USA ideal cut
1.34 carat
Clarity SI1
F color
Depth 59.3%
Table 58%
Crown 32.3
Pavilion 40.7
Flourescence: None
Girdle 0.7% to 1.7%
Polish very good
Symmetry very good
Measurements 7.24 x 7.19 x 4.28mm

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Good for you...making excellent use of the information in the study. The HCA is great, as are the color and clarity. And as you know from the study, the likelihood is that if the clarity isn''t as stated, it''s even better than stated...and re the color....if it should be a G, still a very nice color, and it may well be an F.

Nice work; I hope you''ll find it as good as it is promising.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

A bit spready. On the upside, it will have the appearance of a heavier carat weight diamond. A possible downside depending on your personal tastes,......... Being a bit shallow, it might tend to be a more Brilliant diamond. White light performance. Rather than more colorful sparklies. I stress might be more brilliant. This diamond has a tad smaller table than most others posted here of that depth so that may not be the case.

To the EGL - bad, AGS/GIA - good,......... EGL diamonds tend to trade for less than AGS and GIA graded diamonds. You may get a bit of a bargain if you buy an accurately graded EGL Certed diamond.

1.gif

silvius

Rough_Rock
Thank you both very much for your input! I appreciate it.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results