shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking of changing the setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Hey all! I dont know if you''d remember me, I''m not much of a poster but I am still here alot reading and drooling!! I posted a bit last year and got engaged in July. I had fallen in love with the xprong solitaire and thats what I got! I was very happy with it, that is, untill the wedding band... We purchased a diamond shared prong band from facets and I love it! Very sparkly! I was fine with the two as a set at first, infact I saw these two rings together on pricescope and it inspired me. Except my fingers arent nearly as long as whomevers finger I saw this combo on or something! I just feel like its such a big setting for my short fingers, especially with a wedding band and also that maybe my stone would be better accentuated with a thinner setting?! Pic of my set:
346%3A7%3B533%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D326%3B%3E483%3E585%3EWSNRCG%3D323373%3C974385nu0mrj

Here is the setting that I am considering. I cant post a top view, the site wont allow me to take the photo but heres a link: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=770&action=show_detail

346%3A7%3B342%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D326%3B%3E483%3E585%3EWSNRCG%3D323373%3C984623nu0mrj

Do you think that this and my wedding band will look good together?
Also, the wedding band is in platinum and my current setting isnt. I know that your not supposed to mix metals but we had planned on upgrading to platinum at somepoint anyway. I am just having a hard time deciding to do this because we are trying really hard to save for a house and here I am wanting to spend another 1200 dollars on a new setting! My fiance is awesome and says to just do whatever I want to, but that doesnt make the decision any easier!
If I purchased this setting in 14k white gold how long would it take for me to see damage to one or the other? Am I just better off just going with the platinum in the first place?
Am I just crazy? lol. TIA
~Sara

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The new setting you''ve posted is very pretty, but I actually like the way your current e-ring and eternity ring look together on your hand!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Personally I like your set as it is, but what does that matter, right? LOL I don''t have to wear it
2.gif

My first concern would be to make sure that I have a platinum e-ring setting. And if I understood you correctly that you guys plan to upgrade to a platinum setting later on, I would just want to save my money now for that setting. Why waste another grand or two on a white gold setting you will just be replacing down the road anyway?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh and one more thing, I would definitely go out and try on tons of different settings to see what you really like if you decide to get a new setting. Buying online without ever having tried on the ring can backfire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll have to vote with the others. Your current set is very classy and beautiful! Your fingers are long between the base and knuckle. Your e-ring band is not really wide. I think your set is gorgeous together and I really wouldn''t change it. I love the two bands to be two different widths. If you want platinum, I''d still go for the same as you have now. But do it soon as platinum keeps going up.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
You have lovely hands and your rings look fabulous! Your engagement ring is so sleek and modern and the wedding band adds just the right amount of sparkle. Personally I think the Knox ring is too twee. But it depends on your style.
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both settings. I''m not sure the knox setting would like right next to the shared prong wedding band. I personally don''t like the look of shared prong settings next to pave. I had the same delima with my old quest ring and my WF eternity band.

here''s a pic, it''s kinda hard to tell b/c it''s not a close up but I just wasn''t happy with the mixing of the two styles. I think it looked ok, but not great. Definitely try some on and she what you like best on your hand. I also agree to just wait and save up and get plat. if that''s what you really want.

questwband1.jpg

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the honest replies! You guys are sweet. I talk myself out of changing the setting and then change my mind again constantly! As I wrote that post I was looking at the pic of my set saying to myself - I love the way it looks, why the heck do I want to change it again? lol. I thought a thinner setting would help make my diamond look bigger, but I think its that I just like too many rings, how can you pick just one!

Rascal49- yes we planned to change the ering to platinum at some point since I seem to wear down the plating pretty quickly on white gold. The Knox setting is in 14k for 495, but in platinum it would be over 1200,just to clarify. Thanks for the great advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results