shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking About An Upgrade. Thoughts On This Stone, Please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1132401.asp

Would go into a Vatche Swan solitaire, in 18K white gold. I absolutely adore this setting, and so does DH. We both love the lines, and I love that the lovely Irina designed the setting.

I''d keep my original e-ring (which is also from James Allen.) Would likely get it reset in a 3 prong martini pendant. It''s a 1.18 ideal rb.

BTW, my original e-ring is 900 plat. 6 prong solitaire. And...I''d never do platinum again. Much prefer the shine and lightness of 18K white gold. Would pair the new ring with a plain 2 mm white gold band (original wedding band is 2 mm platinum.)

I''m in no rush, still in the musing/mulling/noodling process, but will get there eventually. Feedback gratefully appreciated.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS diamond! If it is eyeclean, that could be a superb choice! If you are seriously considering this diamond, I would put it on hold to prevent it being grabbed ASAP!

Love the Swan setting too!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m half-tempted to put it on hold when they open in the morning. :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 7:48:25 AM
Author: Lorelei
GORGEOUS diamond! If it is eyeclean, that could be a superb choice! If you are seriously considering this diamond, I would put it on hold to prevent it being grabbed ASAP!

Love the Swan setting too!
Ditto. I''d ask for an IS pic just to be sure, but I imagine it will be fine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2008 7:50:03 AM
Author: canadiangrrl
I''m half-tempted to put it on hold when they open in the morning. :)
I would honestly consider it, especially a diamond like that. I have seen lurkers grab so many diamonds, that very often the original poster has had to settle for a different stone in the end.
40.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought of the same thing, Ellen. Jennifer''s great about IS pics, I bought my H&A studs from JA this summer, and one didn''t have an IS pic - she had it to me by the end of the day.

I think D/SI1 is my favourite combo ever in a stone. I strongly prefer D/E/F, would never go below G in an RB (my new studs are Gs and only because I wanted instant gratification and they didn''t have D/E/F in the size I was looking for...but I digress.)

If this only had Med fluor instead of Faint...but you can''t have everything. :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me Very nice size as well :)

I agree the D/SI1 combo is great best of both worlds :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 7:54:01 AM

I think D/SI1 is my favourite combo ever in a stone. I strongly prefer D/E/F, would never go below G in an RB (my new studs are Gs and only because I wanted instant gratification and they didn''t have D/E/F in the size I was looking for...but I digress.)
Sounds like this is your stone then! I''d say grab it up, pending idealscope / eyecleanliness check. It looks fab
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2008 7:54:01 AM
I thought of the same thing, Ellen. Jennifer''s great about IS pics, I bought my H&A studs from JA this summer, and one didn''t have an IS pic - she had it to me by the end of the day.

If this only had Med fluor instead of Faint...but you can''t have everything. :)
HI:

Great combo! Hope it works out....

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results