shape
carat
color
clarity

The Leo Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vargasma8

Rough_Rock
Hello,

This is my first time here? I need help! I have been studying and shopping for my three-stone diamond anniversary band for several months now. Through my extinsive search, I learned to received an accurate ring size you should go to your local jeweler and size it. Well I did, and while there I feel in love with theLeo Diamond. ctw 1.5 with the center being .75 and the sides .75 ctw. It comes with a IGI and Gemex report, and the ring was unbelieveable! The ring I've been dreaming for. I was going to order online @ Bluenile-but I saw the setting that Bluenile offers for their build your own ring at the jewelry store but it did'nt look as attractive as the setting I saw with the Leo Ring. I love it! I'm I making the right choice? is'nt better to see the ring in person? Even though the grading report was not GIA or AGS, it was laser inscribed and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! The price inc tax is $6,771! Help? should I get it? Oh I almost forgot: the stones are G-H color and SI1-2 clarity and I'm not usaually an impulse shopper; especially at retail outlets! Help?
rolleyes.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
No offense to IGI, but PLEASE shop around a little more before choosing.

Maybe try an independant jeweler in your area.
twirl.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Aj,

It's true that IGI is not thought of with the same respect as GIA- BUT- that does not neccesarlily mean that a diamond with an IGI report is bad.

The Leo is a branded design of the Leo Shacter company. If you like that particular diamond, you'll need to get it from an authorized dealer.

I hate to hit you with this part of it, but you asked: If you are set on this particualr cut you will need to pay a higher price than you would buying a non branded diamond.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The total price of the ring seems in line with what a set of AGS0, H&A rounds of better grades (say F/G-VS by AGS, about $5000 total) would be plus setting (say $1500). The Leo round has a different cut than a traditional brilliant - so in the end it is up to you to decide whether the brand's promisse is worth the color and clarity hit.

I could not find a decent picture of the three-stone Leo setting though... On their website appears a yellow gold and platinum sample, but without much detail. Anything like THIS or THIS by chance ?

The bets argument for this ring is that you did like it at first sight
1.gif
But if the traditional round cut would not do - even at it's best - there are other branded rounds which may carry better certification and be available loose as well
rolleyes.gif
There always is a choice, for what's that worth...

victorianblue

Rough_Rock
You want to consider doing a little more research before making that big plunge. I have a Leo----purchased through Kays---Again, I hope your consider doing a little more research on the company that you are considering and with respect to diamonds, labs ect....

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Ask the jeweler to walk out into the Maul with you while you look at the ring,.......... Away from the jewelry store lighting. Get a look at it in indirect sunlight. The test of diamond performance isn't under the jewelery store lights, it's out in the real world you live in.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...do some more comparisons and shopping around. You note that you are not usually an impulse shopper. Well good. DONT be one this time around. This is a huge, important, multi-thousand dollar purchase. DONT be impulsive.

If after you have shopped around and exhausted all other research avenues and still come back to this ring or one like it, then get it! But at least know you did the work and didn't buy impulsive. So many regrets later come from impulse purchase.

I have seen the Leo 3 stone in person in a store and it IS a fabulous setting. The STONES themselves....eh...I don't know that I would love them in real life settings. Sure in the store they look amazing, typical...and they did look really darn good, though I have heard they look a little odd aka not like real stones. All I saw in the store was that amazing sparkle...hello jeweler lighting! But I know excellently cut 58 facet and/or H&A would look as just as damn good if not better in real life situations, cuz I have one! But I digress. You speak about the setting that they were in...YES its a great setting. I adored it as well. No real great pictures of it are around...I looked...since I would love to build a 3 stone with a setting like that and H&A stone...so if it's worth it to you to pay for that setting, possibly a bit more money than if you built your own and got something maybe not quite as fabulous, then that means something.

The one I saw was something like I SI w/ .80c center with .40c sides so tcw of about 1.6c and was bout $7000. One thing I did not like about their little certs is that they noted 'SI1-SI2' and things like 'H/I' for color. There is no / or - from reputable labs when it comes to color and clarity. There is ONE or the other. Since I know this, I would be less inclined to trust that little cert with the stones. Which is it? H or I? SI1 or SI2? There are differences.

Anyway, just shop informed and shop around before making that final decision. Trust me, even if that particular ring is gone, other Leo combos will be around...aka like the one I noted seeing, sounds really familiar and close in almost every way, so if that one sells, there are others. DONT RUSH.

Good luck!

vargasma8

Rough_Rock
I actually thought that I knew all I needed-is there something I should know? Please tell me
wink2.gif

vargasma8

Rough_Rock
Thanks for given me the photos! No, the Leo Ring has a totally different setting than that! This particular setting you sent (pic) is just like the one on the Bluenile website. I was going to get it but that setting doesn't sit as high up as the Leo. I have tiny hands and the ring looks pretty big and I love it! I beginning to get a little discouraged however, the replies I received are not that promising. I did so much research, and I grew up with both parents and other relatives wearing quality diamonds! I just love this ring-I visited several local jewerly stores, diamond websites, and This oe felt so right-I don't know why-but it did- and I'm satisfied with the stats. Viewing through a 10x-very slight inclusions-surprisingly! What do you think?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you like to know for sure whether you may get the same look as you liked in the Leo setting and diamonds of better grades in it? If not, this is the ring
1.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
You will pay a price penalty to shop in a mall store. It's up to you to decide if it is worth it, though if you want the Leo you don't have any choice.

Another thing, is the center stone really graded with a range rather than an actual color and clarity grade? To go from H SI2 to G SI1 is around 15% (we won't even speculate about the accuracy of the grading).

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/26/2004 12:59:49 AM vargasma8 wrote:

I just love this ring-I visited several local jewerly stores, diamond websites, and This one felt so right-I don't know why-but it did- and I'm satisfied with the stats. Viewing through a 10x-very slight inclusions-surprisingly! What do you think?----------------

It sure sounds like you love this ring and want to get it very badly! I second the motion of asking jewelery store personnel to accompany you around the mall and outside. Look at it in all sorts of lighting situations, that's really important. Just about anything looks great under those jewelry store lights!

Lynn

victorianblue

Rough_Rock
I am going to reiterate, do some research on the company, their policies,practices and the branded diamond you are particulary interested in.

Ask the seller if they stand by the grading reports listing of specifications. And if so, what would occur if the diamond was determined not to be as reported.

If you decide on this particular brand and wish to work this jewelry company, I highly recommend that you have a Independant appraisal done immediatly after purchase as to not go past the stores 90 day deadline that you will see in the paperwork should you purchase this ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results