shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demoboy

Rough_Rock
I am newbie to this forum.

I have a budget of $ 2,000 USD and want to buy a yellow/white gold diamond tennis braclet for my wife. I have been to Macy''s, Robinson May,two other mall jewelery stores and Diamond xchange. I am overwhelmed with the variance in pricing, and diamond types.

I want to buy the best quality diamonds I can afford within
my $ 2,000 budget.I am comfortable with the idea of buying diamonds on-line as well as buying wholesale diamonds and have them set in a bracelet. It would really help me if you could offer specific recommendations (ie. stone sizes, clarity,color,cut )including an on-line store(s). My wife will be wearing this bracelet daily.

I have read about 50 of your posts today which were all
super helpful. Thanks! : ->>

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I am certainly no expert on diamonds, so I am going to stay away from giving you any technical advice. But, one thing I am sure of is not to buy jewelry from Macy's or any other department store. Their pieces are usually not very good.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people who know much more than me with great advice. Don't forget to post pictures when you get the bracelet!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Please do not buy anything at a department store.
1.gif

Prices vary across the country so you'lll have to shop around in your neck of the woods. Check out the online vendors listed here.

My suggestion is that G-H-I color and SI1 clarity are fine for a bracelet, and to pay for anyting higher will knock down the size of the stones. I would suggest not going below 5 pts. a stone. You should be able to do well with $2,000.

Here is a picture of my bracelet, which is 14K white, G, VS2-SI1, 6 ct tw.

Tennis1.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Don't get caught up with Total Carat Weight. Focus on the size, cut & quality of *each* stone. If you don't, you could end up with a million diamond chips totaling a large carat weight that doesn't translate to quality or good value.

Another consideration, do you want it set in yellow gold or white gold? If you go yellow, melee diamonds (diamonds under .25 points) will be plenty white in a properly graded K/L color.

Get out and look at different stores & see what's available. Pay attention to the quality of the setting. Department stores (like Macy's) are not going to have the best quality (even for the price). And, I would second the advice to seek some suggestions from the vendors on this forum. My guess is that you will maintain a good balance b/t quality, size & price from the bracelets offered by Pricescope vendors.

Good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The quality of melee diamonds (the small ones, such as some braceleta carry) are the great money-savers and profit-makers for stores... and this is not great news for any customer.

I only know one seller of "ideal" cut diamonds in such a weight range: Whiteflash. I would surely drop them an e-mail asking for the cost of a set of H&A accent diamonds (say, H-I color, size above 5pts each) set in a bracelet of the size you need. Of course, there may be other sources of such diamonds, but none I know of.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Since you're planning on using yellow gold, I would use JKL VS-SI well made melee. They should look great in yellow metal. Not a hint of yellow in the stones.
1.gif

As for ideal cut stones, from what I know whiteflash sells 0.05ct superideals D-G VS+ clarity at $75 each.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results