shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori style and engraved settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have managed to start looking again at settings. I found one by Tacori I kind of liked, while it needs some alterations so a regular band can be worn next to it with no gaps. I have looked through Solomon Brothers and most of Bill Barnes stock but haven''t yet found anything else I dig. I don''t really need or want many little stones set into the band, just a solitaire with some cool engraving.

Is it possible to get one of those in Platinum for a reasonable price? Would we be able to melt down my current setting to use that platinum for the new one if we get it made?

sharonb

Rough_Rock
I would say avoid settings that you just "kind of" like. If it doesn't strike you at first, I doubt that it will grow on you.

I was a bit misled by my jeweler. I went with a tacori 3-stone e-ring and was told "of course there's a matching band, we just don't have it right now". When I went back to look for the wedding band mos later, I was told that tacori would have to make a custom matching band for $3000 (getting close to what I paid for my e-ring). I don't care for contour bands, so I'm changing my e-ring setting to a right hand ring and starting over with the bridal set.

Thankfully I have an awesome fiance!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the antique look but I don't want to have one that requires a special band other than one with the same engraving pattern. I have consiered having this one engraved. NOt sure. I don't want little stones set in there and most of them have those.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting the Tacori solitaire with engraving, no stones. I don't remember what size stone you had, but with the size I was looking at, there was basically no gap with a straight band. There was also a straight band that I tried on with some small diamonds across the top, and it was slightly, slightly, almost impercepably smaller where the diamonds where than where the engraving was. That one fit almost perfectly flush to my eyes. I would go and try those sorts of things on, if I were you. (granted, I don't have a major issue with a "gap" and most people around here say they got used to their small gap quite quickly)

Another one I saw that I wasn't really a fan of was the same style of ring from Coast Diamonds. They sell a straight band with a notch in it so that the rings lock together. It was a pretty small notch, and you could put it under your finger but... eh, not my thing.

But be sure. When my SO and I saw this ring we both really loved it (rare -- we have very different tastes!). It's something you'll be looking at for a while!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think they could just do engraving on my current ring without much problem then when we make our wedding bands just replicate it on a similar band?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well we can get mine hand engraved for about 300 bucks. And I found my wedding band. Its an eternity band of 1 and a half pointers in platinum. Almost paved in there, they are set in there good. He said I will not beat it up nearly as bad as I do normally and that the engraved part of my engagement ring will show less dings than if it were polished and plain like now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results