shape
carat
color
clarity

symmetry does it equal well cut....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mndia

Rough_Rock
Hi to all, I am trying to learn more about diamond and have read some stuff on the tutorial..but a little confuse about somethings. I am trying to understand the symmetry part. What I want to ask is, if a diamond has very good symmetry and very good polish does that mean the diamond is cut well also? Like does that translate the diamond has good dept.,table, crown, and pav...if not then what does symmetry shows...

another question I want to ask...on a cert. it shows 5.XX x 5.XX x 3.95 what is the 3.95?

thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

if you click on this thread http://diamonds.pricescope.com/symm.asp

This will help answer some of your questions regarding symmetry. The 3.95 is the depth measurement in mm, often shown on a certificate in percentages i.e. 60.9% or 62% etc. If you look to the left of the thread I posted, you will see the info for polish below symmetry. Hope this helps get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results