shape
carat
color
clarity

Steps to help select diamond from internet-beginning to end

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kmasciarelli

Rough_Rock
Very hard to purchase a diamond without seeing it. Know about the 4 c's excetra but saw a Gia report this weekend with one inclusion and when I was able to see it in person it was very noticible.This was at a local jewelry store. Considering buying from internet but a little apprehensive. Any advise on what steps to take to keep from being disappointed before stone arrives at your home. Looking at stones @2.25ct. Thanks. You are the best!!
loopy.gif

P.S. Is talking to someone on the phone and expressing that I want an eye clean diamond sufficent??

kmasciarelli

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much Linda. That was so helpful. The vendor I have spoken too only uses Gia certs but I never knew about the sarin report? Not sure what that is? He has also stated that he will send me the diamond and if I am happy then and only then would I pay. Just would hate to have him go to all that trouble and then not be happy when it arrives.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Where can I find someone to send me a diamond without paying for it first? That sounds risky on the seller's part.

kmasciarelli

Rough_Rock
Thank you again. Does a GIA cert come with a sarin report? The vendor is a friend of a friend and I have seen his work and it is beautiful. She spoke to him on my behalf. But she had a vsi and I am looking at si1 or si2 which makes me a little anxious in a 2.25 ct but have learned alot from him in our conversations. Seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy but prefer to have as much knowledge as possible. PS. Plan on taking ring to David Atlas when arrives

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Many of the internet companies will send direct to appraisers such as ourselves for you to come to the office and view the stone under our scopes and go over all the grading characteristics. This is a great service for the consumer who is a little leary of buying on line. Consider us your 'seeing eye dogs'! Cindy
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results