shape
carat
color
clarity

Square Emerald/Asschers and the internet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mag308

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking for a square emerald/asscher cut diamond. I understand the differences between a true (Royal) asscher diamond and a square emerald cut diamond. Due to limited finances, I will be looking for a square emerald cut diamond, and not the beautiful but expensive Royals. I have found that the intenet seems to have by far the best prices. I was wondering if anyone has heard of the site Abazias.com and has any information. They seem to have a wide selection of 3/4 to 1 carat diamonds, and just about everything in between. If anyone can shed any light on this website, or has opinions regarding internet diamond purchasing, please let me know. Thanks for the help!!

Thanks.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi mag308:

Not all square emerald cut diamonds are equal. There are a few cutters who are cutting square emerald cuts that look remarkably like the asscher. Remember to ask the vendor to distinguish between a regular square emerald cut and the asscher look a like. You should be able to get one that stays within the budget of a regular square emerald cut.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

mag308

Rough_Rock
Having the vendor distinguish between the two seems much harder than it should. I have run into jewelers who swear there is no difference between the square emeralds and the asschers. Also, I have been told over and over that despite what the GIA says, their stone is a "true" asscher cut. I am trying to be as informed as possible to get the best bang for the buck. Really, I just want a pretty stone. Anyways, still wondering if anyone has info on internet sites for diamond purchasing. It seems that they have much larger selection than any jewelers have been able to obtain.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results