shape
carat
color
clarity

Something is wrong, PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Hello ALL,

Something is wrong.
Just back from appraiser.

Here are the full specs of my RBC:
H color (appraised as H-I), SI1 clarity (appraised as VS2), 60.6 Depth, 60 Table, Girdle Medium (appraised as slightly thick to medium), Culet None, Polish Very Good (appraised as good), Symmetry Good (appraised as very good).

Pavilion depth % estimated as 44.1 (stone already in setting).
Crown depth % estimated as 13.78 (stone already in setting).

Proportions are 2A –international fine trade cut

HCA results (using pavilion and crown depth % estimations) are:
Light Return = GOOD
Fire = FAIR
Scinitialltion = FAIR
Spread = VERY GOOD
Total Visual Performance = 5.5 – Good – Only if price is your main criteria.

What do you think?

I paid $8,300.

Now that you have more information, what do you recommend?

Thanks.

In_need_of_help

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eee I would recommend to return it and get your money back. The %'s will not be as accurate as angles, I didn't realize that your stone was already set...that is a little more difficult for the appraiser to eyeball. But if he feels confident with those %'s...then I would return the stone. It's not going to be as beautiful as it should be. The HCA is on a scale of 1-10 and 5 in my opinion is a horrible score.

What you paid for this stone is a little low as compared to what an excellent cut stone would cost you--another case of if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
sad.gif

Return it, get your money back and start looking online and continuing to educate yourself. In the end you will be happy you did.

2.gif
Good luck!

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope shows 1.5ct H SI1 stones with EGL certs and ideal proportions starting at about $7300. The cheapest comparable stones with GIA cert start at about $7800.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Based on the provided specs, the diamond is overpriced. If possible return and get yorself a better diamond.

rodent.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Based on the provided specs, the diamond is overpriced. If possible return and get yorself a better diamond.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results