shape
carat
color
clarity

solitaire setting poll

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
as i''m waiting for whiteflash to send me pics of my stone
36.gif
, i have become very indecisive (and very obsessed)with the setting. i originally wanted to modify the knife edge setting to a thin rounded band -something that looks like leon''s solitaire but six prong. however, after looking at so many beautiful knife edge settings here, i am beginning to question my decision. so...what would you guys prefer? my stone will be 2.6 carats.

here are the links to the whiteflash setting and leon setting for reference:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Classic-tiffany-style-Knife-Edge_1137.htm
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=315

(ok, i tried to do a poll but i can''t figure it out...)
33.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d either have Leon set it, or set it in the WF Tiffany Classic Knife Edge. Both designs are beautiful and I wouldn''t alter them.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If budget isn''t a constraint I would take the leon solitaire hands down!!! It''s fantastic and one of my favorite solitaires of all time.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
They''d both be lovely. I know it doesn''t help, however, your diamond would do them both justice.
Is your preference 6 prong or 4 prong?
What is it about either that you like?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey again. I got the CADS from WF for my Tiff Classic but with the round band instead of knife edge, and I have to tell you the look of the CADs totally threw me off. The lovely people at WF assured me the CADS will look bulkier, esp the prongs so I didn''t post them (I am trying not to look at them! LOL!). I am having the Classic made in yellow gold (!), the band thinned out a little and the diamond set lower with less metal around the bottom. So, if you can wait on a bit more, the expected shipment date is the 18th if I remember correctly, so I will be able to post the pics WF send of the completed ring.

You will just have to imagine the platinum instead of yellow gold, and your 2+ carat honker (
11.gif
9.gif
) instead of my little baby.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Leeeeeeeooooooooon! (Just my personal preference; they are both very beautiful choices.
2.gif
)

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
thanks for everyone''s input
1.gif
looks like leon is a popular choice around here
2.gif

sparkalicious- i *think* i prefer a 6 prong head (but with prongs as tiny as they can make them!) I do like the leon setting a lot, but i''d rather get my stone/setting from one vendor. i''d also like to keep the setting under 1500 if at all possible since i spent the bulk of my fund on the stone! i''ve tried asking my bf for his opinions, but he cannot see the difference between the two! "it all looks the same to me"
40.gif

honey22- you are too funny!! i can imagine not being able to look at the pictures either! i think things do look a lot bulkier in pictures because all the settings i''ve seen in person look so much better in real life than in pictures. please post them when you get the chance! it sounds exactly like what i was looking for (thinner band and lower set head)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, FYI, the Leon setting is around $1500, perhaps depending on the size of the stone. So don''t rule it out due to price.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 7:15:45 PM
Author:chitowngal
as i''m waiting for whiteflash to send me pics of my stone
36.gif
, i have become very indecisive (and very obsessed)with the setting. i originally wanted to modify the knife edge setting to a thin rounded band -something that looks like leon''s solitaire but six prong. however, after looking at so many beautiful knife edge settings here, i am beginning to question my decision. so...what would you guys prefer? my stone will be 2.6 carats.

here are the links to the whiteflash setting and leon setting for reference:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Classic-tiffany-style-Knife-Edge_1137.htm
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=315

(ok, i tried to do a poll but i can''t figure it out...)
33.gif
Ummm... Leon?
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for the leon...

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
haha you guys have convinced me to email leon for a quote at least!
9.gif
how much is shipping/insurance usually each way?

bostonjeff- i''ve seen your thread before and that is a beautiful solitaire!!

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
i just got a quote back from leon... 1700 dollars for the classic setting. i guess that is not TOO bad but it does put me over my budget...i''ll have to think about this more...

anyway, i''m suppose to get all the reports for the diamond today from wf! i''ll be sure to post them for opinions! *fingers crossed*
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results