shape
carat
color
clarity

Should we buy this E / SI1 with strong blue fluor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

My BF and I would like some feedback regarding this radiant diamond. The vendor told me that the fluorescence doesn''t have a negative effect on the diamond (not milky) and it is also eye-clean. What do you think we should do??!!! We''ve read quite a few threads regarding strong blue fluor and it''s quite positive...but we''re worried! Even though there is a return policy, we''re located in Canada so we want to make sure that this is the ONE.

We want a radiant that is brilliant and sparkles like crazy!!! I think the IS looks pretty good for a radiant...please tell me what you think!!!

GIA cert
1.27ct
E / SI1
Depth 65.4%
Table 64%
Girdle slightly thick to thick => but Sarin states it''s medium
Culet none
Polish very good
Sym good
Fluor strong blue
6.49*6.10*3.99
Ratio 1.06
$5507

Here''s the Sarin:
SARIN_GIA14057207.gif

Here''s the Idealscope:

IS_GIA14057207.jpg

And here''s the picture of the radiant:

DI40X_GIA14057207.jpg

thanks,
Radiantlover

Gala139

Rough_Rock
Hi Radiantlover--

I JUST got back from a jewelry store where I was looking at an I/SI1 with STRONG blue florescence. I''m a total newbie here so I''m no expert on the ideal-scope images (I can''t even find any information on the ideal-scope site on how to interpret these images!), but I can tell you what I just experienced. The great part is that this I-colored stone looked a LOT whiter. The downside was that I could absolutely tell it was BLUE. The jeweler let me take the stone outside and I especially noticed it in natural light.

So, if you don''t mind someting that glows a little blue, you''ll like it, but if your stone is already an E, do you need much help to make it whiter? I think the strong blue fluor helps a more yellow stone look white, but it might be unnecessary and even distracting in a stone of the color quality you''re considering. Have you tried all the search engines--pricescope, goodoldgold.com, bluenile.com, etc.?

Just my very humble opinion
19.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can view this in person that''s your best bet-the reason is that sometimes stronger flour has a tendency to make hte stone "cloudy" or greasy looking.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gala139 & Ame for your input! The vendor told me that it doesn''t look blue at all and that it doesn''t look greasy/cloudy. Unfortunately I can''t see it in person.

Here''s the GIA report...not very clear but should I be worried about the cloud and the surface graining? thx!

1.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks very nice to me. love the strong blue!
3.gif

wf has a defined set of parameters for ''eye clean'' so, just ask them to tell you what the inclusion looks like.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What can I say... the pictures look very nice and the one person who has to judge this is you. Perhaps this fluorescence thing means a discont for whatever reason, but if it makes the diamond more or less appealing is up to you entiirely as much as I can tell.

Get it... get a black light too... turn the fluorescence on in the dark. It is surprising unless you are used to unusual deeds of nature of some sort.

Perhaps other considerations are in order if you wuld be buying to sell, but you are not (well?) and WF has a upgrade policy. This should be giving you some freedom to consider you own prefferences and taste aside the ''average'' impersonal vote of the ''market'' which has already been taken into the price & all.

Just my 0.2
2.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
It is rare that strong blue fluor causes a stone to be milky, but it is possible. As long as you have a good return policy, I would say get the diamond and then see for yourself. Take the advice of others and play with it in different lighting conditions.

Just make sure that since this an E with strong blue fluor, the price is discounted for this fact.

BTW, me like very much!!!
18.gif
I''d get it
2.gif
hehe

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Pretty shape, great idealscope, E color--those things point to yes. As for fluorescence, I love it. If I had all the money in the world to buy a diamond, I would go for an E or F with strong or very strong blue fluorescence.

Of course, I would also look for an I1 clarity with a very interesting inclusion smack dab in the middle of the table, just because I would find that neato, so maybe you shouldn''t listen to me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I like that idealscope image and the photo looks good too. I really like it! But then again fancies are good to see with the eyes...I''d order it if it''s a virtual stone and see what your eye thinks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the vendor is reputable and has a good return policy, I''d trust them. I personally love blue fluor. myself and prefer it.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you don't get it I'll bang you over the head radiant.
25.gif
Look at that IS image, a rarity in the world of radiants and even nicer than the one you saw in our store. Yes strong blue is the concern here and coupled with E helps price for sure but if it does not affect the transparency you can't get better. The folks at WF would not mislead you to make a sale. If you really want to take a good precautionary step rl, start calling local jewelry stores, tell them you've been reading and learning about this thing called fluorescence and would like to see if you like it or not within a stone and if they can accommodate. Ask if they have one with "strong" fluoroscence to compare to one with none or faint. Keep calling till you find one. You may chuckle by some of the answers you get on the phone but eventually you should find one. Compare. If you find you don't like the strong fluoro, wait and don't buy yet. If you do BUY THIS ONE OR I WILL. hehe
emsmilep.gif

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all your feedback! My BF and I really appreciate it!
36.gif

Rhino -thank you for your honest answer...since you know what we like (especially after spending over 2hrs with us), it makes my BF and I feel A LOT better knowing we got your ''ok'' on this diamond. Tomorrow, I am going to call a bunch of jewelry stores and hopefully they will have a D-G stone with a strong blue fluorescent so I can see for myself if I like it.

thanks again,
Radiantlover

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There ya go and please send my regards to your fiance. With the foreknowledge I had of your preferences I would not have counseled otherwise. Once you decide whether or not you like strong blue fluorescence and decide to move forward you should consider having a double check with one of the PS appraisers, especially since you are in Canada. 4 appraisers who spend time helping here who are true experts in their field are

Rich Sherwood http://www.sarasotagemlab.com/
RockDoc http://www.consumersgemlab.com/index.shtml
Dave Atlas & Co. http://www.gemappraisers.com/
Neil Beatty http://www.gemlab.us/

and not in this particular order as each make excellent contributions to the forum and via their websites as well. Heh... more research. :)

Keep us posted on your progress.

Kind regards,

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That''s quite an amazing stone. As Rhino noted, the IS image is fabulous and I love the looks of the stone from the picture.
9.gif
Plus, I like fluo!
9.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a beautiful diamond from the picture. I know you want to see some diamonds in the D-F range with and without fluorescence, but definitely have Whiteflash hold this diamond for you until you decide. You don''t want anyone to buy it out from under you.

To me this diamond looks like a definite winner!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
One thing - in direct sunlight -more than likely you will see a purplish hue to the stone. I''ve never found this offensive. In fact, that''s what gives it that more "plugged in" appearance.

Looks great!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chiming in late but ... I LOVE IT. And I don''t even gravitate toward radiants AT ALL. I love everything about this one though. Curious to see if you found some strong blue flor. stones to see in person???

Update pls!!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/14/2005 4:54:24 AM
Author: Giangi
That''s quite an amazing stone. As Rhino noted, the IS image is fabulous and I love the looks of the stone from the picture.
9.gif
Plus, I like fluo!
9.gif
Hey Giangi!!! Good to see you around man. If you''re coming over here for Christmas please make it a point to stop by dawg!

Yea ... strong blue ... peeps either love it or hate it. In many circumstances its really a neautral issue IMO.

Just wanted to say hi G.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

My BF and I decided to purchase the radiant with a x-prong setting in platinum. We're sooo excited and can't wait to see it! I hope the strong blue fluor won't bother me
32.gif
...but Brian reassured me that he doesn't see it all and that the diamond is very nice.

Rhino -I couldn't find a store here in Mtl (Montreal) that sold diamonds with strong blue fluor...when I called Birks (a Canadian equiv. to Tiffany's) the snotty woman told me that diamonds with strong blue fluor are inferior diamonds and that they don't sell those.
29.gif
Anyways, I decided to take the chance based on all the threads I've read....and I can always return it if I don't like it.
When we receive it I will post some pics....thanks again to everyone who gave us great advice (especially Rhino!).
36.gif
36.gif

Radiantlover

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats radiantlover!
36.gif
i can''t wait to see it!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey rl!

Doesn''t surprise me about the response regarding fluorescence. That is a false dichotomy which oftentimes must be "unlearned" by most. Yes some stones are priced cheaper but other times it is not and the presence of fluorescence DOES NOT mean the stone is inferior. Anyone who tells you that doesn''t know what they''re talking about. What matters most is that it pleases your eyes above all else. Based on the descriptions given so far I would be pretty confident you''ll be happy but only you will be able to answer that question. If you do bring it to a jewelry store that tells you this as your draw comparisons let it go in one ear and out the other because even if YOU do not prefer fluorescence, it still does not mean its inferior, just not your preference. Hope that clarifies.

Peace,

molly3795

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if you bought the radiant and if you are happy...don''t leave us hanging

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I have a F coloured, VS2 diamond with a strong blue florescence. When I first saw it, the jeweler didn''t mention it. I was kind of shocked because on the night we got engaged we ended up at a club where there were black lights. My diamond glowed! Really glowed. Then I noticed it had a light purplish tint to it in the direct sunlight or under warehouse lighting. It grew on me. It definitely doesn''t look milky and sparkles like a son of a bit*h. I would say GO FOR IT!!!

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Molly & Soulsis!

Yes my BF and I ordered the diamond and setting yesterday and we should have it in approx. 2 weeks time. I''m sooooo excited!!!
9.gif

I''ll post the pics when my BF finally proposes to me....hopefully soon!!!
31.gif

Radiantlover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results