shape
carat
color
clarity

Should It Stay Or Should It Go? ... Again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I have another impulse purchase that I''m not sure about again. I''ve been looking for a not too flashy bangle and came across this 18K white gold number. It''s piece by H Stern. It has 15 small diamonds of 0.25ctw.

What''s unique is the satin finish on the outside. It''s kinda cool, but I''m concerned about future maintenance in replating, polishing. Does anyone know how this could be refinished?

I was considering giving it as an anniversary gift in about a month and a half.

What do you think? Should I keep it or return it and keep looking?

bang1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
to be honest my vote is return it.
The mix of textures just doesnt do it for me at all.

It looks like it was left out in a sandstorm one too many times.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh I feel bad about this, but I have to agree. I don''t love it, and think there are so many prettier ones out there. Sorry.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about that finish either...unique and modern but something doesn''t "feel" right...the princess stones are very elegant...seems to be aksing for a smooth finish.
33.gif

Since you''re in the market, want to buy my princess bangle?
31.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, don''t be sorry about being honest. I asked didn''t I. I really wasn''t sure, but wanted to get other opinions.

Jenn, too many carats in your baby. It''s a WOW bangle
1.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s really cool! I don''t know anything about repolishing, but I like the satin finish. I know I''m in the minority, but I like it!

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure what you were going to pay for it...but IMHO, I don''t think it has much "bang" for a potentially expensive piece of jewelery.

I think the satin finish is cool, but I would almost prefer it with colored stones, or no stones at all. It just seems like a terrible waste of diamonds :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like many H. Stern pieces, but I don''t think this particular piece is the nicest you can find for the $$$ spent.

cheers--Sharon

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
DH had a satin finish on his wedding ring (yellow gold), and it lasted about 6 months. I think a bangle bracelet would be even worse since it would get knocked around. Maybe the satin finish is different than what DH had, but I would avoid it.

FWIW, I like the bracelet, except for the satin finish. Is your jewelry ban over with finally?
10.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
You know, at first I thought the satin finish was cool, then after a while I thought it looked too much like pewter. This was not that much money, but still not insignificant. Since I''m the type to not return anything I may have just let it sit around.

Thanks for the push to return it. You guys are are right. There are so many other things that can be purchased.

lop: I''m still banned, but I opportunistically still pick up the odd piece on impulse. You know we just don''t listen well.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had an idea noobie. What if you had a jeweler polish the satin finish away?? Making it have a high polished look???

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 3:18:03 PM
Author: noobie

lop: I''m still banned, but I opportunistically still pick up the odd piece on impulse. You know we just don''t listen well.
2.gif
Yes...that we know all too well
20.gif

9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2005 3:29:20 PM
Author: kaleigh
I just had an idea noobie. What if you had a jeweler polish the satin finish away?? Making it have a high polished look???
I literally logged on to type this and then saw that kaleigh beat me to it. I'm not a fan of the satin finish, esp. on the bangle because it's too easily scratched and then it looks bad. But I think it would look really nice as a high shine bangle...and all they would have to do is polish that finish off. That's my vote, especially if you're not keen on returning it. Bangles are really raging right now, and I'm totally jonesing for one myself! I think it's a nice design overall and a good economical way to have some nice bling on the wrist!!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think I would prefer a polished look more, but that would defeat the purpose of having a designer piece. Since it is new, I''ll return it and start again. I just need to avoid procrastinating during the return process.

Hmmm, maybe a desiger handbag instead. Nah, no idea what to pick there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results