shape
carat
color
clarity

should I upgrade pave on a halo?

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I found a setting that i want,a halo pear. ... but setting comes with H SI1 pave. Should i upgrade this for xtra 500 dollars? will i see a difference?

purplesilk

Brilliant_Rock
I think H SI is a great combination in melee diamonds, no substantial difference between F/G VVS/VS and H SI when talking about very small diamonds, so I would save 500 dollars.
I'd focus my attention on the setting: are the pave prongs properly done? Are the melee diamonds securely set?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a link? Would love to see.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I can't tell the difference between my H/I 1 pointers and my D center stone, so I'd save the $500 since I seriously doubt you'll be able to tell the difference.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The link didn't lead me anywhere, unfortunately.

As for SI pave stones, I don not think VS2 stones would show any difference in sparkle, personally.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely halo! I'm not familiar with the vendor, but if you call and ask them to check that the stones are all eye-clean, you should be okay. Ultimately it is what is going to make you happy though. There's a comment around PS that rings/stones have to be mind-clean as well. Meaning, if you're always going to be unhappy that you didn't upgrade, then go for it. It all depends on what makes you comfortable.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
A more salient question might be whether the upgraded melee are better cut (in addition to being higher color)? I have two full cut 2 pointers that are driving me bonkers on my shank because they have bigger tables than the rest and from certain angles, they look darker than the rest.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results