shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this cushion---Pic included >>

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of a cushion Mark T sent me today. All I know so far is that it is a .77 carat stone...but he said that it looks larger, so it must have nice spread. I don''t know any other specs on it...when we spoke last week, he did say it was an "Ex/Ex" stone (or x/x?) and I''m not sure if that means excellent polish/symmetry or something else. Anyway, let me know what you think of the photo...this is my first time attaching a photo on this forum, so hopefully it''ll work...

Thanks for your feedback!!! Please let me know what you think :)

ERDcushion.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
As usual, Mark's pictures aren't the best, but I still say it looks like it will be a great performer! You can't go wrong with an x/x (and yes it means excellent symmetry AND polish) hand picked by Mark!

I have a .81 from Mark and it's a great size IMO.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
I think when Mark talks about x/x cushions he is also talking about the modern cushion brilliant facet pattern (like your stone and neatfreak's). Nearly all of those stones are x/x, and very few other cushions are.

Edit: It looks very nice, and I would certainly trust Mark's eyes w/r/t choosing a modern cushion in particular.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 8:51:48 PM
Author: neatfreak
As usual, Mark''s pictures aren''t the best, but I still say it looks like it will be a great performer! You can''t go wrong with an x/x (and yes it means excellent symmetry AND polish) hand picked by Mark!

I have a .81 from Mark and it''s a great size IMO.
I just wanted to second that last thought, neatfreak. I think the .7-1ct. range really captures the cushion shape well. The most beautiful cushions on PS that I can think of are all around that weight.

It''s funny (maybe it''s just me!!) but I feel like different shapes have different weights where they just hit their stride, so to speak!

Okay tangent over
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks stunning!!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One more factor people forget to take into consideration in regards to Cushion "SHAPES"!!!

The shape (outline) of the Cushion greatly depends on taste..., but consideration is in place when choosing the ring/setting etc...
For example... a squarish outline will get a square look in a lot of settings vs. a rounder outline will look round in some settings...

The stone pictured above is a great example of a squarish shaped Cushion Diamond.

The Cushion below is an example of a rounder shape....

roundedShape.JPG

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I thnk the stone is gorgeous! (And is it weird that I don't think it's a bad pic? lol)

Edit: My bf bought a stone from Mark yesterday....SIGHT UNSEEN!
38.gif
He just asked Mark which one was more sparkly and went with it. ::sigh::. I'm not worried about it, since I know he has such a great repuation....but I have no idea what shape it is!! Seriously...how insane is it to spend that kind of money without asking to see a picture? My mother would have a heart attack--and I know all of you think he's nuts too, and so do I! But I guess we'll find out soon enough!
3.gif

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s great comments. I think this stone is "the one"!

Neatfreak--I love your ring, by the way, and it''s been a source of inspiration to me in my search. I wear a size 5, so I think the .77 will be just perfect, based on seeing how perfect your ring is on your finger...

Thanks again for everyone''s help!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the cushion Mark picked out is very beautiful.
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2007 11:02:56 AM
Author: melpla
Thanks for everyone''s great comments. I think this stone is ''the one''!

Neatfreak--I love your ring, by the way, and it''s been a source of inspiration to me in my search. I wear a size 5, so I think the .77 will be just perfect, based on seeing how perfect your ring is on your finger...

Thanks again for everyone''s help!

Well thank you! I''m flattered. I love my ring too. It''s just perfect and I wouldn''t hesitate to let Mark pick out a stone for me in the future again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results