shape
carat
color
clarity

Shipping to Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RG

Rough_Rock
Hi,

A friend of mine who currently lives in Mexico is planning on getting married and has asked me to look into purchasing a ring in the US with the intention of sending it to him in Mexico. I have been looking around and it appears that Mexico has a restriction on sending diamond jewelry or jewelry of precious metals. Has anyone had experience with sending a ring to Mexico?

Thanks.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don't know why. But that makes me very nervous. Just make sure he insures it first.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
INSURANCE INSURANCE INSURANCE.... I have shipped to Mexico on only one occasion. Thankfully it was a good one.
21.gif

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
don't do it if the stone is of any value. shipping, especially something of value, to mexico is dicey (spelling) at best. negotiating with their equivalent of "customs" is an art, that is...if it gets that far.

my suggestion would be for you to do the research, and then have your friend fly here to pick up...if they book ahead you can get inexpensive flights, and avoid the whold problem.

i have family there, and we never ship anything...they even deliver wedding and bar mitzvah invitations by hand where possible, and for those headed to the usa, bring them across the border to mail!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results