shape
carat
color
clarity

Shipping Online Purchased Diamonds to Canada... anyone done it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dageman

Rough_Rock
I''m seriously considering it due to better selection and relatively better pricing. Anyone ever tried this? Any vendors have experience? I have a feeling I''ll get smoked with duty when it goes through customs.... maybe I should order it from a place close to the border and go pick it up???

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in Canada and my diamond came from the States - my FI had it shipped to a FedEx station just across the border.

I am not advocating lying or evading paying duties. Just telling you what he did.

If you are within a few hours, I think it would save you a lot of hassels.

I''d rather deal with border guards than deal with not knowing where the package was as UPS tries to get it through the border!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of people have on here, I''m sure they will chime in. Folks from England and Ireland and Australia too. The PS vendors are very used to dealing with exporting diamonds. What are you looking for and what''s your budget?

dageman

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a very good- excellent cut around 1 ct G VS1 emerald cut stone for around $5500. (I think thats doable online from what I've seen, but then again I'm just a noob)

For example what do you guys think of this stone:
http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/diamonds/10540751

It looks like its got pretty good numbers to me....

Ive been quoted around $6300-$6500 for a stone in this range from B&M stores in my area. I'm thinking it might be worth it to save about $1000... but who knows.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could be nice. Depends on the crown height and well, what it looks like. If you flipped the depth and table %''s It would be a definite call in.

Let me see what I can find.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2007 5:38:56 PM
Author:dageman
I'm seriously considering it due to better selection and relatively better pricing. Anyone ever tried this? Any vendors have experience? I have a feeling I'll get smoked with duty when it goes through customs.... maybe I should order it from a place close to the border and go pick it up???
HI:

The excise tax on jewellery was eliminated in 2006. Hence, one pays only the GST/PST on items purchased across the border (and a small broker fee applied by FedEx).

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results