shape
carat
color
clarity

Shared Prong Eternity Band Owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toleong

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers,

I am hoping that shared prong eternity band owners can give me some feedback on their bands. I have recently purchased a shared prond diamond eternity band and have noticed that there is a slight gap between the diamonds where the prongs are located. Are your bands the same way? Or do the diamonds appear flush with each othe? Are my expectations unrealistic? Should I only expect the diamonds to sit next to each other only in channel set eternity bands?

P.S. - Instead of enjoying the band like I should, the gaps are driving me crazy...
20.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of Jennifer''s beautiful rings. I don''t see any gaps here.

Granite.combo.1.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Did Signed Pieces make your ring? Here is a picture of one of their shared pronged rings. Does yours look like this?

solange

Brilliant_Rock
My shared prong eternity ring has no gaps. Shared prong rings cannot be sized. It may be that the jeweler wanted to make the ring a certain size and had to leave some gaps to achieve this.
My eternity band is size 6 and the stones are .28 each.

The jeweler explained to me that if I wanted a slightly smaller or larger ring size, he would have to make a new setting and use different size stones so that they would all touch.

It may be somthing minor that only you have noticed it after careful scrutiny. But if it really bothers you, can you take it back to where you bought it and see if they can work something out? If they use a new setting with the same stones, you will wind up with a smaller ring unless the gaps are large enough collectively that they can fit in an extra stone in a new setting.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I have 10 pt. stones, no visible gaps.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
If the jeweller, can choose the stones he can get all the diamonds to meet. It is a metter of mathematics. If they are close, they could have been set a fraction lower and been closer, or a fraction higher if he decides to add another diamond.

Having them actually touch is asking for having some chipped edges, they just need to look like they are touching.

I just finished writing about this, from my page, if you want a look.

For what it worth, the ring pictured is essentialy a shared prong ring. I cut and spead them after I lined up and sat the diamonds.

Hope this helps

Phillip

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 4:50
6.gif
3 PM
Author: fuffi
I have 10 pt. stones, no visible gaps.
Fuffi,

Do you have a hand shot of the eternity band? I am thinking about an eternity band with 10pt stones for my wedding band, but wasn''t sure if the stones would look too small.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Here you are.  Pardon the bad photography (and the even worse manicure).  I'm a size 5 1/2.  I got it to wear alone on my right hand and since I like chunky rings, I'm actually finding it just a tad too thin so I may upgrade soon.  It looks slightly bigger in this pic than it does in person.

et01.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Nan posted my rings. I also have an eternity band w/ 10 point stones (2.4 ct), shared prong--no gaps.
1.gif

toleong

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your feedback.
35.gif

Patty - I did get my ring at Signed Pieces. I had ordered their Raphael setting and they said that they hand picked picked out all the stones. The picture that you have does show a slight gap between the prongs.

When shopping for eternity rings from Tiffany''s, HOF, and Ritani I can''t seem to recall any gaps in their rings. I will give Signed Pieces a call later on today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results