shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Vintage Setting for 9.5mm

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since I know PS'ers are the best at seeking and finding online, if anyone comes across a true vintage/estate setting for a 9.5mm average stone, let me know. I've looked at all the 'usual' places I think, eBay, RL, Langs, Google searches. I've seen a few I like but nothing that is what I want PLUS in my price range.

Ideally I want something like these two pics, traditional edwardian solitaire style, but to fit my stone and truly vintage. I also don't need to have diamonds down the shoulders, filigree or engraving is fine. I love having a solitaire so want to preserve that but with a more period piece. I'd consider replicas as a second option. Thanks!

fourtane-05012012-043.jpg

fourtane-05012012-045.jpg

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I like both of these. I tried the first one on at a local jeweler and it was made for a 9mm round stone.

The second one is cheaper and is platinum which is a great price. I love the knife edge on the band set with melee...so delicate looking and yet strong.

white gold
http://www.gabrielny.com/amavida/style/ER7940W83JJ

platinum $1500 nice
http://www.gabrielny.com/amavida/style/ER7389PT3JJ

You don't say what your budget is but all the antique settings I've seen are pretty pricey. Did you ask GOG if they had an antique setting? Didn't you get your stone from them?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So not new. Something vintage/estate/preowned.

I'll keep an eye out. Mara have you asked Joe E? When I was there, Erik said they have a TON of vintage settings just sitting in boxes and boxes upstairs... they've never gone through them all and they are the result of mass estate sale purchases, and settings that the stones have been pulled from. I'd give them a call and ask them if they can hunt around and see if they have anything laying about that might suit your stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I never even thought of JE. I know they do get a ton of vintage stuff that they pull stones out of, but I never really thought they did anything with the settings but melt them. I know Erik says many times they need a ton of rehab but might as well see if he thinks he has anything esp since they are local!

So I've been in touch with Leigh Jay and they do have one that I love... I may go to see it in Nov when I am in NYC for the holiday. It's more than I want to spend (I am spoiled with eBay pricing!) and it's a replica but we'll see. They also said they have a few truly vintage but will only show to people in showroom, odd policy but again if I am there in Nov I'll stop in.

I also have been talking to Craig Evan Small who also has a replica, but I think I might like the Leigh Jay one better visually.

Still nothing 'truly vintage' that I've seen or will fit my stone, so we'll see what else is uncovered.

Manda...how can you tell the pricing for that setting without the stone, that seems so low priced!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Leigh gave me the price of the setting but it would not fit a smaller stone, so it wouldnt work for me. They will only sell replica settings without a diamond. If it is a vintage ring, you have to buy it with the stone that is set in the ring.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1348868726|3276174 said:
http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=3524

Stock Number: 3143-01
14k gold: $575
Platinum: $875

I had enquired about this setting as well and had an email just yesterday from Winona that in 14K WG, it was $825 and $900 for RG. I did not ask about platinum.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1348882930|3276293 said:
mandasand|1348868726|3276174 said:
http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=3524

Stock Number: 3143-01
14k gold: $575
Platinum: $875

I had enquired about this setting as well and had an email just yesterday from Winona that in 14K WG, it was $825 and $900 for RG. I did not ask about platinum.

My pricing was from July...I can't imagine gold has gone up that much. Honestly, I don't think that the right hand talks to the left hand! Leigh tends to be much more accommodating....he is the owner after all. I would suggest try to deal with him if you can.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results