shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking buying advice on choosing between two diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyTop

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a princess cut stone to put in a cathedral setting. Which of the following would look the best?
They are from two different B&M stores so I can''t compare them side by side.

The first one is
Carat 1.03 SI1/G
5.35x5.33x4.14
Depth 77
Table 75
Grd: VThin-Thk
Cul: None
Sym: Good
Pol: Good
Flr: None
Price: $4732

The second one is
Carat 1.00 VS2/G
5.45x5.27x3.95
Depth 75
Table 71
Crown Height: 8.7
Grd: VThin-VThk
Sym: Good
Pol: Good
Price: $5000

Thanks in advance.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
They are both a little deep...meaning that they will both look "smaller" than a 1ct that is not "cut" so deep. And they both have Very Thin girdles which could increase your risk of chipping. The second one has a Very-thin to Very thick girdle which is a big variance so it may look "odd"....

All and all, i'd keep looking...

RockyTop

Rough_Rock
X-mas Proposer,
I''m not sure that''s why I''m asking. They were both had really great light properties but I could tell as much because the lighting conditions were very different. The first stone had much more color light, while the second one had lots of white light and looked even better in natural light than it did under the store''s light.s

The only things I''m concerned about on the second one is the measurements of the girdle, and the depth and table aren''t great.

RockyTop

Rough_Rock
fortheloveofdiamonds,
two questions:
1) what are good dimensions for a 1 carat princess?
2) what exactly do you mean when you say the second one may look "odd"? what should I look for?

thanks.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
1. for what to look for in a princess go to www.gemappraisers.com . Dave Atlas put together an AGA cut chart for princesses and you can see where the ones you are looking for fall, and what to look for.

2. Look at the girdle and see if you can identify which part looks very thin and which part looks very thick....if it is intermittently v-thin to v-thick the girdle could appear too thin in areas and too thick in others resulting in a wavy look....

RockyTop

Rough_Rock
The Precious,
Those prices are with the mounting. I am getting a basic cathedral in white gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results