shape
carat
color
clarity

SCIENCE vs BEAUTY: TAKE 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

I found a thread that was posted a few years ago about the differences between science and beauty. I tried to figure out how to bump that thread, but I don''t know how, so i thought I would start a 2nd edition and link the first one:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/science-vs-beauty.20987/

I am interesed in your thoughts. If you are buying online, the science becomes very important. If you are shopping at a B&M, how vital does the science become? Do you foucs on basic data and use your knowledge from this site as well as your eye to determine the best stone for you?

The reason this appeals to me it that I have seen a few stones that are considered ideal or cut to Tolkowsky''s science. When I saw this stone next to one that was well cut, but not the tolkowsky ideal proportions, I liked the way it sparkled better. It had more fire and my eyes love the fire of a diamond. Its nearly impossible to see the fire, or the life of a diamond, online. I know I may be able to get a better price if I shop online and use the science of the diamond, but I may be willing to sacrifice cost and science to get the stone I deem most beautiful in my eyes.

What are your thoughts on science vs beauty and online vs in person???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results