shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Crown - not set at Vatche?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pepper

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Would like to hear from anyone who had their diamond set elsewhere other than Vatche and how your setting came out?
I've heard that some jewelers are not familiar on how to set in these unusual prongs.
the good and the ugly...???
love.gif
eek.gif

Also, how long it normally takes especially around the holidays to get it back from them!
21.gif

thanks!!

bling

Shiny_Rock
I had my diamond set by a jeweler other than Vatche..in the RC setting. I was made aware that doing so would void their warrenty but that was my decision. The independent appraiser i worked with recommended his jeweler to set my diamond in the RC and it came out great. I believe he had worked with this particular setting before however. It might be a good idea to ask the jeweler if he has set a diamond in the RC setting before..if not, find one that has? Good luck!
rodent.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We didn't realize that it was a challenge
2.gif

Do it all the time... Like Bling said, it voids the D. Vatche warranty and that is a choice that we ask each customer to make for themselves... If they need the warranty, we send it to D. Vatche to be set. If they don't care / need it faster than that, we do it ourselves... Guess it depends how good your jeweler is... One thing that IS important is that we order our stock from D. Vatche with the prongs un-cut and the CZ center stone that they *insist* on setting in the ring just loosely set because if the head is cut to hold the wider girdle edge of a CZ it will never hold a diamond snugly!!! Can't stress that last part enough!

pepper

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comment Bling*wink* and Robin & Todd for your helpful advice!
loopy.gif

Robin and Todd, I have the center stone already, but would be interested in purchasing the setting from you. Thanks for the comment regarding the CZ...I've seen that mentioned several times.
How long would it take to get the setting from you? Would I be looking at several weeks wait?

This would be for a 1.4 size, platinum.

Thanks!!
wavey.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/5/2003 12:08:59 AM glitterata wrote:

Why on earth do they insist on setting a CZ in it?----------------

Most of the designer's do insist on setting CZ's in their settings, the concept is that their settings will sell better if people can see what the ring would look like with a center stone set in it... It drives us nuts! And it took several re-orders with D. Vatche to get them to stop cutting the heads for the CZ's - we just kept returning the merchandise to them because the order wasn't to our specifications. If we could have it our way, we'd order just the blank mounts from them so we could put our own accent stones in as well, their is nothing wrong with the stones that they use, they're very nice, but we're extremely selective and like to be in control of our own destiny so to speak with such things...

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That just doens't make sense to me. Couldn't you keep a single sample with a CZ mounted in it and order unset settings when people bought them? If it's too expensive to keep a sample sitting around, maybe they could make the sample ring out of a cheaper material, like silver. But it seems idiotic for them to insist on putting a stone in their setting when you're just going to have to take it right out again. That means the settings arrive used, even when they're brand new.

What's the quality of their CZs? Are they pretty and convincingly diamondlike? If not, what a terrible way to try to sell a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results