shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bigfish

Rough_Rock
I recently found an E Color SI2 AGS ideal cut brilliant round with ideal symmetry and ideal polish 1.098 carat diamond from a diamond wholesaler called Kramer''s jewelery in the Detroit area. For an S12 the stone has no visible inclusions and has wonderful, wonderful sparkle.

The price we have been quoted is $7300 with the platinum 2.5 mm Tiffany setting and a platinum wedding band, as well as including tax. It seems like a good price.

The questions I have are the following:

(1) Does it sound like a good deal? We absolutely love the diamond but we have little idea about prices.

(2) The larger concern is that the AGS Cert is dated from 2000. Is it unusual for a diamond to go unsold for 5 years? Any odd reasons that the diamond may have gone unsold for so long?

This is a great website and I appreciate any insight that can be offered.

Thanks,

Paul

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
My hubby just upgraded my diamond this June for me and my cert was from 2003. I don''t know what difference it makes when it was graded. I asked about it and was told that it was graded and maybe setting waiting to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results